“Wonderful hotel in a great location!”
Review of Flatiron Hotel

Flatiron Hotel
Ranked #371 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This was our first trip to NYC and so glad we stayed at the Flatiron! The Toshi Corner Suites are so roomy and bathrooms are great. The hotel staff was so helpful, especially Steven and Alex. Steven suggested a great steakhouse for my daughter's 18th birthday dinner(Steak Frites) & helped us order tickets for 9/11 memorial. Great midtown location! Can't wait to visit NYC again and stay at the Flatiron. I have already recommended this hotel to friends who will traveling to NYC this summer.

1  Thank RollTideRice

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Great hotel, great location, friendly staff, will definitely recommend it to others

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I've never really travelled alone before and New York was more than enough to confuse me.
Upon checking into the hotel (nice and clean rooms and facilities), i was still a good deal confused and i think it showed.
I was approached by one of the staff in the hotel (the general manager i think). All i remember was that his name was George. Good fellow was nice enough to take the initiative and offered to help me.

Not only did he answer all my questions, provided good service and made me feel very at home during my stay. He was nice enough to go out of his way to tell me how to get around NY and all the attractions worth seeing. I'm sure i took up a bit too much of his time. But thanks to him, my stay in New York was EXTREMELY enjoyable.

I'll be sure to go there again whenever i visit New York!
A VERY BIG thank you to George!
(Look up George people! Good bloke with dark hair and glasses!)

Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Had an enjoyable stay here not too long ago. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Many thanks to George and the rest of the staff for making my visit to NYC a wonderful one!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2012

BEWARE THIS HOTEL OVERBOOKS ! ..We checked in and they said 20 minutes untill the room would be ready , then 20 minutes latter they said it would be 6~8 hours to come back at 4:00 pm, go figure. OK ,So they checked our bags in and we came back at 4:00. THEN , they said there wasnt any rooms left because something had happened to an entire floor of the hotel. The manager said there had been an "event" and it couldnt be helped. THIS WAS A FLAT OUT LIE. The hotel shuttle driver accidentally told us the truth , that they had just overbooked by like 12 rooms.
They offered to pay for us to stay at the Four points , I heard that they had done this for 12 rooms that day alone. The Hotel shuttle driver told us they had just overbooked by 12 rooms and he had been shuttling people all day.
The staff was sooo disorganized , the communication was pathetic , they simply didnt have anything together. The lobby looked nice , good luck if you book this room !

2  Thank John-manassas
George S, General Manager at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2012

Dear MR. Manassas,

I wanted to write personally and apologize for any miscommunications that you may have had with staff and non affiliated workers of the hotel. All of the car services used through the hotel are not affiliated with the company and do not have direct knowledge of operations. It seems as if you were misinformed as to the reasoning and number of shuttled guests to various hotels through out the city. Due to unforeseen events that took place causing our floor to be shutdown while maintenance had to be done, each guest was handled with attention to detail and care. Each floor of our hotel has 8 guest rooms, each booking for this area had to be relocated.

I assure you the staff at the Flatiron Hotel diligently and thoroughly made sure that each guest was taken care of and not inconvenienced to the best of their ability while finding transport and lodging in order to maintain the highest level of service and ethics. Unfortunately, we are unable to control the conduct of contracted services such as car services who don't always have the best interest of the guest at heart.

If you have any questions, or wish to contact me, feel free to reach out and I would be happy to address your concerns personally in order to prevent future miscommunications from taking place.

George L Sallee
The Flatiron Hotel
New York, Ny 10010
212 839-8000

Reviewed March 16, 2012

I stayed with my family for couple days, the hotel was very clean and nice. Everyone there was nice, especially George who made sure that we had everything we needed and gave us some great tips bout navigating the city for my parents who visited ny for the fist time.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2012

The Flatiron Hotel offered a perfect place for our recent visit to New York. The central location was a perfect stop between uptown and Soho. We were able to return to the hotel between our day excursions and our Broadway show and dinners out. Stayed with my sister and her teenage daughters. The bar area is quaint and very hip. Close to great restaurants and shopping. Chelsea is beautiful. The parking associated with this hotel is inexpensive ($105 for 3 days) and very safe. All around great stay. Thanks Flatiron.