Flatiron Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$170
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$322
$219
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$267
$247
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$201
$134
$302
$269
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Room Service
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$279
  • Pool
$420
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbathroom mirrorfront deskmadison square parknew yorkshake shackrain showerboutique hotelhigher floorcorner roomlobby bargreenwich villagelocation is greatbagelsthe empire state buildingfew blocksaround the cornerrooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed for a week here and one of the biggest strengths is the central location - on Broadway, near attractions like the Empire State, Madison Square Garden, and shopping. The room was clean and spacious, the bed was was big and comfortable, the bathroom even had a TV. I also liked the fishtank in reception - could be an attraction in its own right - and the fast lifts meant you never had to wait long.
Only two downsides, small points but enough for a 4 rather than 5 rating. The air-con was quite noisy - periodic bursts of hot air being a little too intrusive. And some confusion over the final bill took a little too long to resolve.
All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Martin D
George S, General Manager at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

Dear Martin D.,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us at the Flatiron Hotel. I do want to apologize with any issues you had upon check out, we strive to give all of our guests impeccable service. To stay with us for a week and enjoy the facilities is always an encouraging sign. I look forward to seeing you upon your next stay with us in New York.

If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to contact me and we can go over your feedback in person.

George L Sallee
Flatiron Hotel
9 West 26th St
New York, NY 10010
W. (212) 839-8000

Reviewed February 6, 2012

My family and I stayed here this past weekend. Great location and walking distance to great shops and restaurants. How can it be bad being across from Shake Shack and a block from Eataly? Entire building is spotless. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Cant wait to return.
As an added bonus, we were able to park on the stree steps from the hotel.

Room Tip: The corner deluxe room is large and spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We were pleasingly surprised of how nice the hotel and the location were. The staff is very friendly especially the hotel driver.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Jchoumane
Reviewed January 30, 2012

LOVED this Hotel! Was thinking I should keep my opinion to myself because I'm afraid it will get too popular and I won't be able to get a room when I need it! The location was perfect, the lobby cool, the front desk people were wonderful and my room was sublime! Super comfy Bed and Bedding, small but perfect bath with a fabulous shower and a TV in the mirror! They kindly kept my bag for me until I was ready to depart from the city. The perfect location for me. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Susanm56
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised: location was very good, hotel was clean and modern ( a little too modern for me - too many lighted screens - too much night lights). Bedding was clean and bed was very comfortable; bathroom was very petite but extremely comfortable. I had read the reviews of the hotel, and was concerned about subway noise- didn't hear a thing! The street noise was way too loud but it has nothing to do with the hotel- and everything to do with busy location in the middle of Broadway ( my room was on the 8th floor). I will stay there again if I will be able to get it at the same $98 rate !

Room Tip: Room with 1 queen bed is tiny ! Was perfectly enough for us as we were only there to sleep, but if you are looking to spend time in the room- choose something bigger.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple