“Chic hotel at the great location”
Review of Flatiron Hotel

Flatiron Hotel
Ranked #373 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We stayed there for 4 nights in November. The room was roomy as a New York standard. The comtemporary interier and clean. There was a TV in the bathroom millar.

Only one negative comment is the shower water. It took a LONG time (the longest was almost 10 minutes) to get the hot water.

Over all the stay was very pleasent. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 22, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed our two night stay. The room and the entire hotel has a modern decor. Clean and comfortable. Many cool touches such as the TV in the bathroom mirror (which also had LED lights), the touch panel 'Do Not Disturb", the rainfall shower head. Some features were not yet working: the surround sound speakers, the mini-fridge was not installed, and near the end of our stay the cool room keycard failed to the extent someone had to reprogram the room. The staff was helpful and appropriately apologetic about the minor glitches. The doorman was still a little unclear on the concept - we decided to hail a cab ourselves. I understand the hotel is recently opened - as soon as everything is installed and working properly it will be a great place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Stayed there last night. Room was great. Lots of cool technology in them like a TV built into the mirror in the bathroom. Clean and cool ambiance, Staff very friendly. Lobby has a chiche look with huge fish tanks and cool lighting. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Positive: Extremely kind staff. The cleaning people as well as the check in people were very pleasant and helpful. The room I had (802) was very large with lovely windows over looking Broadway and 26th. It was a corner room and not cramped at all. The location is perfect as well for me.

There was free wifi and storing your bag was free as well. Both are appreciated.

Negatives: I thought it was extremely ugly. The walls were a textured yellow and it wasn't to my taste, personally. I do not think this is a 4 star hotel, in terms of amenities and perks. I stayed at quite a discount, but think at full price, I would be disappointed.

Note: There is quite a lot of street noise, so try to stay as high up as you can.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My sister and I spent 5 nights at The Flatiron Hotel last week. While it is a nice hotel and the staff is friendly and accommodating it is not a four star hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. They brought us up a mini fridge and coffee pot. The beds were comfy. What would make it a four star? Added touches like stationary, NY magazines, double paned windows, bell men, and room service. The location was fine for us...a bit out of the rat race, but for some, they may find it too far away from the hustle and bustle (we love to walk!) Would we stay here again? No, probably not. Would we recommend it to friends? Probably, with full disclosure.

• Stayed: November 2011
Ben K, Manager at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2011

Dear TaraLeaE,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed our comfy beds and our friendly staff.

We did have some services missing while you stayed with us, I am sure you will be happy to hear that we now have bellmen. We are a relatively new hotel that had a management change not so long ago, we are doing everything necessary to deliver a real 4 star experience to our guest. Our Stationary, hotel and room information guides are already in order. We also have a bar and restaurant scheduled to open in early 2012 which will also allow us to deliver room service.

I would be thrilled that you and your sister give us an other shot, feel free to contact me directly on your next trip to New York so I can personally assure your most enjoyable stay.

Benjamin Kaller
Flatiron Hotel

Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was lucky enough to come across a deal from Bookit.com for <$300/night at this perfectly located (B'way and 26th) gem.
Friendliest front desk staff ever. Then check out the gorgeous two story aquarium in the center of the lobby, and the retro staircase going up to the low ceilinged mezzanine.
The room was bigger than most boutique hotels. The towels were larger. The bathrobe and slippers were cozier. Two bottles of normal spring water instead of the usual fancy ripoff bottled water that gets added to your bill.
The shower was magnificent, plenty of jets and rip roaringly hot water right away.
Comfy bed. The best lighting I've ever had for reading in a hotel.
So clean that I think I might have been the first person to stay in the room! Filled with electronic gizmos to make your stay more interesting. Interesting in that I couldn't even figure out how to get into the room - the door doesn't have a slidey thing for your room card, instead you just touch it to the top of the latch (they should have told me!).

Only drawbacks: no restaurant or bar, but they are coming. Also, the check in was late, 4 PM.

Great experience at the Flatiron!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I came to this hotel in september for a vacation , i loved it so much i came back to it recently for another trip. Great hotel- very clean and updated. Its close to everything! Staff is super nice and helpful . Im always going and coming from new york and i wouldnt choose to stay anywhere else but here to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011