“CENTRAL, CLEAN, CRISP”

Ranked #334 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Windsor, Canada
“CENTRAL, CLEAN, CRISP”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

First time in NYC with 3 of my gal peeps, and Flatiron made the experience even better. Hotel is ccc--Central, Clean, Crisp!!!! The aquarium is spectacular, and the corner lobby area make it for a wonderful people watch spot. A cross from classic (venetian plaster walls, italian marble etc.) to modern. Too cool, tv embedded in the bathroom mirror, a first for me to see. Staff was beyond helpful, and took time to understand what we wanted to do, and provide options accordingly. Our "foodie" G.M. was extremely knowledgeable, and made sure to get input and feedback from our stay. Your the best Steven!!! This hotel is a definite gem in the Big Apple!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Reviewed October 7, 2011

It's a very nice hotel. I enjoyed the tv on the mirror.

• Stayed October 2011
singapore
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is a newly reopened hotel under new management that is clearly trying hard to make an impression as a hip property. There were certainly some impressive touches. Like the flat TV screen magically embedded into the bathroom mirror. Overall, though, I would have preferred it if the hotel had splurged less on electronics and other special effects, and more on practicalities that travellers actually need. For example, I would have traded the TV in the bathroom for a fridge, especially since there is no restaurant in the hotel. Worst of all, the hotel has a 4pm check-in time, probably because it doesn't have enough cleaners to turn around the rooms fast enough. I arrived at around 3pm and had to step out anyway to meet a friend, so it did not inconvenience me much. But if you are arriving in the city in the morning, this hotel would be the wrong choice. You don't want to pay these sorts of rates for the privilege of having the hotel store your luggage while you wait hours for your room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AirconditionedNation
Steven M, Manager at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2011
Thank you for staying! I understand where you are coming from, we are still in soft opening and fridges are available upon request (mini-bars are on order). In terms of check in time you are correct, however we are able to check people in as the rooms become available. We look forward to seeing you again when we are at 100% which should be shortly. Thanks again!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I was in New York with my 2 daughters on Oct. 1 and 2nd and stayed at the Flatiron Hotel. We were absolutely impressed with every aspect of this hotel. Very clean and well appointed rooms. Great size room (for New York). The beds were amazing, the best sleep I have had in a long time. Great location. I have a background in travel and have stayed in many hotels all over the world, the Flatiron by far exceeded our expectations in service, cleanliness, and decor. As indicated in other reviews the hotel is still in its soft opening stage and may be lacking in some of the service areas however, this did not affect us in any way because if you required anything, the staff was "on it' .

The Hotel Manager - Steven Meyer - definately made our stay unforgetable! From the moment we arrived, Steven greeted us, spent time with us to provide us with information on sites, shopping, getting around, and even made dinner reservations for us.

The hotel was very busy upon our arrival, check in was at 4 pm. I needed to have the room available for 3 pm. Steven took care of us immediately and ensured that we were comfortable, satisfied and had everything we needed.

I can't say enough about our experience in New York. Having worked in the service industry for many years I can only say that good service is what keeps people coming back. I have to go back to New York in a few months and will definately be back at the Flatiron. Since my return 2 days ago, I have already recommended the Flatiron to a number of people travelling to New York in the next little while.

I recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates good, beyond expectations service, a good night's sleep and a friendly environment.

Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

Thank you Steven for taking such good care of me and my girls -- coco and daughters :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The hotel is still not "ready". There are no amenities available at this time. My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. Since we were in New York, we did not plan to spend much time in the hotel anyway, but it would've been nice to have a lounge. The hotel was clean and very up to date. The bathroom had a TV built in the mirror and the lighting and curtains were all controlled by a remote. The room was small, but very nice. The location was OK. It was one block away from Broadway but was 16 blocks from Times Square. Penn Station was 8 blocks so the Subway was within a good distance. Unfortunately I only have one photo because my wife's phone was lost on the trip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New Milford, New Jersey
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at Flatiron over the weekend. First off its in a great location, it's in a quiet area but walking distance to so many hot spots around the city. The staff was exceptional and the hotel was beautiful! It was also very affordable and the rooms were extremely comfortable. Highly recommended!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike W
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

When some of the amenities (gym, lobby bar, mini-bars in room) are finished and the team is a little more polished, this will be a great spot. The hotel is nicely designed and quality of furnishings is good. The rooms are not huge, but comfortable. Also, the neighborhood is interesting, not "touristy".

Staff should just be direct and honest about the missing amenities: we were told by two different staff members that the gym wasn't finished, but they had an "arrangement with a local gym". The arrangement was that anyone that was a resident of NYC got a free three-day trial. Not sure why a NYC resident would be staying at the hotel! The room rate was such that that the $30 fee for two-days at the gym was not a big deal.

Room Tip: The "01" rooms look out over Broadway and the subway on that side is very loud. Didn'...