“A real New York slice: sensational pizza”
Review of Motorino

Motorino
Ranked #918 of 14,394 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Three of us had lunch here and shared the lunch prix fixé (pizza and salad for $12 - awesome deal) and the special. We had: the Brussel Sprouts Pizza, salad, Meatball 'Special of the Day' Pizza & a Porkslap Pale Ale.

Wow! The pizza was incredible. It is well worth visiting the East Side just for this pizza. The service was a touch brusque but the food was incredible.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We love a good NY thin crust Pizza, and while we used to be fans of Grimaldi's, we dont exactly enjoy the long lines, and the cramped tables, For the amount I end up paying for PIZZA, is it too much to ask that the elbow of the stranger at the next table stay at the next table? So we ended up looking for alternatives and Boy! Are we glad! Luzzo's is another of our favorites, so if you like that kind of pizza - be sure you'll love this. The crust is light and charred to perfection. The ingredients are fresh. The toppings do not overwhelm the pizza - which is how we love it. Try the margherita - you will not be disappointed! While the place isnt exactly fancy - its not that cramped, so works for me. The food trumps everything else!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is by far my most favorite pizza! We went here over the summer ( I may have reviewed it already) and we had to go back! This pizza is ridiculous! The flavors are so good! The ingredients are fresh, it has a little kick to it and it's just so amazing! The brick oven crust is perfect!
It's a tiny place with a friendly staff - cute atmosphere, the smallest bathroom I've ever seen but it's clean and the food rocks!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I'll admit, I'm a sucker for brick oven pizza. And this place doesn't disappoint. The restaurant itself is small and the menu is on the pricey side. But man, the pizza is good. I ordered the meatball pizza and it was out of this world. Three of us ordered two pizzas, an appetizer, and all had a coke and the bill came to $67 with tip. So definitely not cheap. But I promise you'll love the pizza.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The pizza is good, no argument there. However, honestly, Motorino, Grimaldi's, Keste all taste, look, and are priced similarly. The highlights were the Motorino Meatballs, the Clam Crostino, and when I went, they had a special w/ an egg yolk in the middle of the pizza. The pizza sizes are not that big and the sauce made the crust soggy. As a triathlete, I think I ate two entire pizzas by myself and was still hungry.
Though Grimaldi's is considered an "institution, it is a long trek to DUMBO (the Flatiron location isn't too bad). This is where Motorino and Keste come out ahead, but Keste is clearly over-rated. Motorino and Keste are both not as bad in terms of wait time traffic and accessibility vs. Grimaldi's. My preference for pizza in this restaurant stuffed city is either, blow me away with an amazing crust and toppings or give me Pappa John's so I feel like a poor stuffed college kid all over again with the garlic butter dipping sauce. Best taste and value in NYC: Bella Vita Pizza.