“The Best Sopresseta Picante Brick Oven Pizza”
Review of Motorino

Motorino
Ranked #917 of 14,292 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is by far my most favorite pizza! We went here over the summer ( I may have reviewed it already) and we had to go back! This pizza is ridiculous! The flavors are so good! The ingredients are fresh, it has a little kick to it and it's just so amazing! The brick oven crust is perfect!
It's a tiny place with a friendly staff - cute atmosphere, the smallest bathroom I've ever seen but it's clean and the food rocks!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I'll admit, I'm a sucker for brick oven pizza. And this place doesn't disappoint. The restaurant itself is small and the menu is on the pricey side. But man, the pizza is good. I ordered the meatball pizza and it was out of this world. Three of us ordered two pizzas, an appetizer, and all had a coke and the bill came to $67 with tip. So definitely not cheap. But I promise you'll love the pizza.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

A friend of mine had it delivered for her birthday dinner because she was so in love with the Brussels Sprout Pie and the Mushroom Pie. And now that I've had it, I'd get it for my birthday too.

Piled on with topping, awesome seasoning. I was full after two slices but I would have finished the full thing if given the chance. Got even better as we got more drunk - and I'd say it's probably much healthier relatively to other normal, stupid pizza you might get elsewhere.

Also, the logo on the box is cute. Just in case you needed to know.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The pizza is good, no argument there. However, honestly, Motorino, Grimaldi's, Keste all taste, look, and are priced similarly. The highlights were the Motorino Meatballs, the Clam Crostino, and when I went, they had a special w/ an egg yolk in the middle of the pizza. The pizza sizes are not that big and the sauce made the crust soggy. As a triathlete, I think I ate two entire pizzas by myself and was still hungry.
Though Grimaldi's is considered an "institution, it is a long trek to DUMBO (the Flatiron location isn't too bad). This is where Motorino and Keste come out ahead, but Keste is clearly over-rated. Motorino and Keste are both not as bad in terms of wait time traffic and accessibility vs. Grimaldi's. My preference for pizza in this restaurant stuffed city is either, blow me away with an amazing crust and toppings or give me Pappa John's so I feel like a poor stuffed college kid all over again with the garlic butter dipping sauce. Best taste and value in NYC: Bella Vita Pizza.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great LES resturant. Sampled the meatballs for the appetizer & they were very good. Shared the Cremini Mushroom pie (6 slices), which was delicious. The pizza had a well proportioned amount of toppings and the crust was light with a nice crunch. They have a good selection of beer, wine, & old school beverages. The service was on point throughout the entire meal. Get here early, it does get crowded quickly!