“Wonderful Macarons in NYC”
Review of MacarOn Cafe

MacarOn Cafe
Ranked #142 of 406 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: Cafe, French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Connecticut
“Wonderful Macarons in NYC”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have been hooked on Macarons since my very first visit to Paris in 2007. Back then you couldn't get macarons in the States so I had to wait a couple of years until I went back to Paris to get more. Now there are places in NYC to get these little gems and while they are ridiculously pricey, it's cheaper than a trip to Paris and a lovely little indulgence.

The macarons at MacarOn Cafe are as good as any I've gotten in Paris. I've had macarons at Paul's, Pierre Hermé's and Lauderée's in Paris. Pierre Hermé's macarons are my favorite and MacarOn Cafe's are just as delicious. The cookie is crisp and chewy at the same time. The fillings are so well done. They are delicate and not overpowering and you really taste the unique flavor of each one. I'm on a gluten free diet and great cookies haven't been an option for me but since macarons are gluten free, I'm in heaven!

So, if you can get past the ridiculous price ($2.50 a piece) and want a little indulgent treat, give these lovelies a try.

Visited September 2012

• Korean first
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Macaron devotees”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My sister and I knew we had to visit one of the two MacarOn locations while spending a day in NYC, because we have used the macaron cook book written by the owner to make our own (less successful) cookies. The shop is extremely adorable- funky and modern but still inviting and comfortable. The staff was patient while we agonized over which flavors to try. The cookies look so beautiful and taste divine. Everything about them is perfect, from the colors and accent decorations (which distinguish them from the more traditional look of macarons from Laduree) to the texture of the cookie and the flavor of the fillings. Perfection!

• Visited June 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Macaron Cafe could be a problem ...”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

...if I lived in NYC because I'd be in there all the time! And before long, I'd be too wide to fit in the cute space! It is small and cramped, but if you can snag a seat in the front or back it is fine to just have a cup of coffee and enjoy the perfectly textured macarons. I had the mocha and it was sublime. Will definitely be back again when I'm in the neighborhood!

Visited May 2012
Thank TwoTravelersToG... A
Adelaide, south Australia
“Parisian charm”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This was recommended by a sewing blogger, LindsaySews. It is a tiny place, we stopped here after fabric shopping. We were in Paris 2 years ago and these were as good as the better ones there. (yes the French have not so good ones, even in Rue Cler!) Recommend the passion fruit, violet ones. Wished we had gone back for more. Enjoyed the cafe au lait too. Friendly people, made you feel welcome.

• Visited April 2012
New York City, New York
“Macaron Education - MacarOn Cafe Macarons are Not Stale”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Macaron 101: Did you know macarons at the best Parisian establishments are served 24 hours AFTER they have been made? This is because macarons taste best when they are soft and served at room temperature. When you first make macarons they need to be refrigerated for 24 hours!
So if you stop by MacaronCafeNYC and try, for example, a nutella macaron and the filling seems a bit hard, it actually means it was made that day!

Visited December 2011