“Best dinning in Times Square area!”
Review of Glass House Tavern

Glass House Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Glass House Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #301 of 14,378 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Broadway and 8th Avenue
Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, 1 train to 50th Street, C & E trains to 50th Street, and B, D & F to 47 Street/50 Rockefeller Center.
Description: You feel a great energy when you walk into the Glass House Tavern. The decor is soothing and warm and truly makes the customer feel welcome. The prompt, friendly service is delightful and the food is incredible. Executive Chef Craig Cupani has created a contemporary American menu that sets this restaurant apart from the other choices in the neighborhood. Fresh, seasonal ingredients are the emphasis here and the results are fantastic.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The service was courteous and friendly, the restaurant has different rooms to choose from. The seating was comfortable and the noise level wasn't high which was quite a surprise ( I hate having to scream when having a conversation).

The food was truly exceptional and the portions were very well served. We had the crab cake which I recommend highly as well as the scallops (cooked perfectly). For entree, I had the salmon which was absolutely delicious.

As a New Yorker, I dine out a lot...from my experience, I highly recommend this gem in Times Square.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I enjoyed sitting at the Glass House Tavern, but I was not going wild over my meal. My travel companion really really enjoyed his Tuna Appetizer and Duck entree, but I was not convinced. It was not a BAD meal, just not the best that I have had. Their Caesar Salad dressing was like a paste, and really unappealing.

The service was wonderful though, as well as the bar scene.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We were at this location for a pre-show dinner. Their pice -fix menu was what we needed. We arrived late due to traffic but they really hustled to get us a very good quality dinner. They offered to hold our dessert until after the play, which we took them up on. They provided a high quality meal with outstanding customer service. I consider that a great find in NYC. They are highly recommended for any dining while in the theater district. Kudos to our server Mike.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stopped in this restaurant for a late lunch, one rainy afternoon after sightseeing. The service was friendly and inviting. The atmosphere was cosy, clean and welcoming. My son had the chicken Caesar and really enjoyed it. My husband and I shared the beet salad and the calamari. Both were very tasty (and the calamari was properly cooked!). There was a nice variety of beers and other beverages to try. The location is central to Times Square so it was close to our hotel and the theatre we were attending that night.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

4 of us ate at The Glass House Tavern on Wednesday during our ladies trip to NYC. Located in the Theatre/Times Square district, the restaurant is just steps away from The Palace Theatre and we chose it based on the location, as well as the reviews here on TripAdvisor & the affordable prices for the quality of meal.

Our reservation was at 5pm however we arrived at 430pm and they had no problem accommodating us.

3 of us ordered from the Prix Fixe menu which was only $39. Between the 3 of us, we ordered the house salad, polenta dish & ravioli for the appetizer. All were absolutely delicious, as were our main meals which were the Hanger Steak (a must - melt in your mouth, to die for!) and the Roasted Chicken (equally amazing). Our desserts were also excellent, with 2 of us opting for the Pineapple Bread Pudding and the other choosing the Panna Cotta.

The menu has changed slightly from the Prix Fixe menu on the website but we were not disappointed with the new options.

Our Fourth Guest ordered the sea scallops as an appetizer. Being from the West Coast, we eat our fair share of scallops. These were wonderful and cooked perfectly. She had the daily fish special which was Monkfish and simply amazing.

All in all, we were delighted with our pre-Theatre meal. The portions were rather small for the Prix Fixe menu, and the wait in between our appetizers and main meals was way too long - at least 45 minutes which was frustrating as we purposefully scheduled our meal early so that we would have time to walk around Broadway & Times Square so we wouldn't be attending the show with full bellies. We were given no explanation why and watched multiple tables being served before ours, despite us being the very first in the restaurant. The server wasn't particularly warm or approachable, and it is for those reasons that I took a point off.

Despite those concerns, we had an excellent experience at The Glass House Tavern and will definitely recommend it it those visiting NYC.