“Great tour of the High Line”

Context New York Tours
Private Walking Tour of New York City Architecture
Ranked #214 of 644 Tours in New York City
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Context organizes scholar-led walking tours of New York City focused on the history, architecture, cuisine, culture, and art of the city. Groups are limited to six people in order to create a dynamic learning environment. With a network of historians, archaeologists, architects, and art historians, Context focuses on thematic walks that uncover New York City for the curious traveler.
Reviewed September 28, 2010

The tour of the High Line was great. The small group size (three people) made the tour more personal and customized. Our tour guide, Michelle, lives in New York and was great at pointing out details and buildings I would have otherwise overlooked. Definitely a nice way to spend a Saturday morning.

2  Thank M1chele

Reviewed September 25, 2010

We chose Context Tours because we had a wonderful experience with a tour we took in Rome. We were happy to find them in NYC. The small group, informative tour guide, and luckily for us - beautiful weather, led to another great experience with Context. We came away from the three hour walk with a different picture of Greenwch than we started with having discovered its history & development as a neighborhood.

3  Thank jtk4
Reviewed August 19, 2010

The Met's collection is extensive, and our Context Tours guide did a very good job of selecting representative highlights, describing the artistic as well as historical significance of each, and she was ale to cover the history of that period succinctly.

2  Thank grace088
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I recently took two of Context's New York City tours. I thoroughly enjoyed both and also learned from them. The first was the Architectural tour. We covered 42nd Street from Tudor City to Times Square and then on to the new Times building. Inside visits were included and showed me beautiful interiors I would never have known existed.
The second was the Central Park tour. Here the emphasis was on how the park developed and why. The reasons for some of the developments were explained, and the history was tied in.
On both tours questions were welcomed. I certainly highly recommend these tours. I have taken a number of Context tours in Rome and Florence and loved them so I decided to try the New York tours I could fit in. As usual I am very happy I did.

2  Thank JoanRockford
Reviewed November 16, 2009

We have taken their small group tours in Europe and enjoyed them a lot. We found out that they started giving tours in NY, and even though we live here, they had listed tours of a number of places that we have not really investigated on our own. So we signed up to take their tour of Italian Masters at the Metropolitan Museum, and it was great. Their tours are good for people visiting, but also if you live in NY and want to see a slice of it in a way you've never thought of before.

3  Thank SaoNYC