“Great bagels”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed May 20, 2013

During a weeks stay in NYC, we ate our morning bagel here at The Bean. Friendly service, great bagels, decent coffee, reasonably priced and has wifi.

Ticks all the boxes for me.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at the hotel above The Bean for the weekend, so this was our place for coffee and breakfast in the morning. It has a variety of coffees and teas, as well as a variety of bagels, danishes, etc. for the morning. They also had sandwiches and sweet treats. This was a comfortable spot that I would frequent if I lived in the city.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

After a trip to Strands bookstore we needed coffee. Bean was busy but we managed to grab a seat. Great coffee. The downside. Is that most of the tables were taken by people on their MacBooks use the wifi.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Visited here for the first time. This is a nice little cafe with a great variety of coffees, teas, and pastries. Nice atmosphere, and very clean, including the restroom! Nice place to just take a break and sit!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

When I asked for a macchiato with caramel she proceeded to berate me in front of everyone about how the bean is not Starbucks and they DO NOT serve caramel macchiatos. She then wanted to give me history lesson on why and I simply cut her off and said...ok a caramel latte is fine. She was awful, I will never go back.