“The absolute best tour of NYC, we really did feel they were like family!”
Review of Family In New York

New York Tour by Subway and Bus with Private Guide
Ranked #99 of 610 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private Tours by Public Transit or Vehicle; Evening Lights Tours; Layover Tours; and more. Please visit our website. Every tour itinerary is custom and personalized to meet the wants, needs and desires of our guests. We operate on our guests schedule and at their pace. In addition to our typical tours, we conduct tours for mobility impaired guests. We also conduct evening lights and skyline tours; sports tours; layover tours where we meet our guests at the hotel, airport, cruise terminal, train or bus station, load their luggage in our vehicle, tour them around New York City and then return them to their point of origin or another location. We have been in business for 10 years and continue to grow every year.
Northern California
“The absolute best tour of NYC, we really did feel they were like family!”
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Not only did they help us with the tour, but when I got lost on the way to see a play, I call them and he saved us by help us find out way through the city and to the theater. It went very smooth and we made it on time. It was nice to have a private tour guide, who tailored the trip to our needs. Using this service was one of the best decision I made in planning the trip!. Dina was so nice and we learned a lot. We were able to see everything that we wanted and them some. We were very nervous about going to NYC, but Dina made it a wonderful experience. It really was like having family in NYC. Thank you for all your support, this will be an experience we will never forget. Please give our thanks again to Dina. We will sing your praises to anyone else that we come across who is planning a trip to NYC -

CousinScott, Owner at Family In New York, responded to this review, April 15, 2010
So pleased you felt like one of the family! Also pleased you took advantage of our ongoing support throughout your stay, even after your tour is over. We are here to give you directions, make recommendations, tell you the best places to eat, etc. Thanks for singing our praises!

Belgium
“Thank You”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We visited Big Apple with Family in NY on 19th July 2008. This was a great experience and we are really thankful for the perfect organization, the flexibility, the friendliness of our guide and the interest to her city and to us she evidenced during the whole tour. This has been very much appreciated and my son has enjoyed his birthday present, visiting NY as we have done it. I can only recommand such different way of touring a big city to all those who are interested in what they are visiting and want to enjoy their stay.

Family Mariscal from Belgium

CousinScott, Owner at Family In New York, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
You are welcome! Happy to hear you like our "different way" of touring the city. We believe New York is best appreciated by being experienced. See it; feel it; touch it and catch it - the best way to experience New York. Seems like you caught it and we are glad!
New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“STOP by the FAMILY IN NEW YORK site, DROP a reservation, ROLL with the fun because this tour is on fire!!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2010

A second cousin found me on ancestry.com and made arrangements to visit from out of state. Though I know enough about New York to visit and do what I need to do, I wasn't prepared to be a tour guide and we only had one day to see New York... I did load of web surfing and finally called a few tour companies. Scott was great. He spent time talking about our interests and joined forces to provide a customized tour for us. Two concerns were that we wanted to go at a relaxed pace and have time to get to know one another since the tour would be on the second day of her visit. Genealogy is a common interest but my cousin also wanted to see the sites. We had tickets to see Phantom in the evening so we had to fit in dinner and then the show... Our tour guide, Marc was superb. We made memories that we will talk about forever. It was all we could have asked for and far more. If you only have one day to spend in New York, this is the tour to take, if you have more than one day, start off here and you will see lots of stuff you will want to return to. I've been to New York many times on my own but Marc pointed out things I've walked past many times without noticing, told stories of past and present, gave us some really interesting options for lunch, and took the time to make suggestions for dinner and things to do between the end of our tour and dinner. There isn't enough space to include all the great things I'd like to say about them. It was a great pleasure to do business with them... they really are like having FAMILY IN NEW YORK!

San Francisco
“Loved it!”
Reviewed April 7, 2010

My family and I booked a Private Van Tour with Family In New York and had a great time, even in the cold rainy weather. Scott was very friendly, knowledgeable, and flexible with scheduling. Even though we hit overtime, there was no additional charge. He took us to all the places we wanted to go and more! He also had great recommendations for lunch (Il Fornaio) and dinner (Joe's Shanghai). I definitely recommend Family in New York to all visitors.

CousinScott, Owner at Family In New York, responded to this review, April 8, 2010
Sorry about the weather, but happy you "loved" the tour. Also happy you loved the restaurant choices. Both theses restaurants offer great food at a reasonable price. Our family has been eating at both places for years. We are always happy to share our local favorites with our "family" from out-of-town.
Ohio
“Would never go with anyone else-Cousin Scott is simply the best!”
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We had the most wonderful time on our visit to New York-had a large group and Scott managed to take us everywhere we wanted to be and even took us to a nice small authentic Italian restaurant at lunch. Had used another tour company my first trip to New York city with some other friends and this trip beat them hands down. Could not have asked for any better information or treatment-simply the best! Thanks for a wonderful time!

CousinScott, Owner at Family In New York, responded to this review, April 7, 2010
Nice to know you liked the restaurant. Our family has been eating there for over 20 years! We love to share our favorite places in New York with our guests. In many cases, as with the restaurant, you won't find them in any guide books. Often times, these are the best places!