“Take my advice, book a tour with Family in New York, you won't regret it.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Family In New York

New York Tour by Subway and Bus with Private Guide
Ranked #89 of 585 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private Tours by Public Transit or Vehicle; Evening Lights Tours; Layover Tours; and more. Please visit our website. Every tour itinerary is custom and personalized to meet the wants, needs and desires of our guests. We operate on our guests schedule and at their pace. In addition to our typical tours, we conduct tours for mobility impaired guests. We also conduct evening lights and skyline tours; sports tours; layover tours where we meet our guests at the hotel, airport, cruise terminal, train or bus station, load their luggage in our vehicle, tour them around New York City and then return them to their point of origin or another location. We have been in business for 10 years and continue to grow every year.
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Take my advice, book a tour with Family in New York, you won't regret it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

From the 1st day I emailed Scott about the tour, to the day of the tour, everything was so easy.

We opted for the mini-van option, as we had a family of 6 and we knew it would be hot outside/in the subway and wanted something convenient. The van arrived perfectly on time, we were greeted and discussed the day ahead, we did everything we wanted to do in a 9 hour period. We were taken to places we didn't even know of and they were amazing. All our questions were answered and the guide was so full of knowledge. Best part is, you've got a guide all to yourself, no fighting off 30+ other people who are on your tour with you!

Take my advice, if you're going to do a tour of New York, make it with Family in New York. I will be spreading the word here in Australia! So impressed.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Jordan W

Germantown, Wisconsin
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A personalized tour of the Big Apple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

While travelling with my daughter in June we had one free day in New York City. We wanted to make the most of it so we found Family in New York. Our tour guide Dina is a licensed tour guide who has lived in New York City for 10+ years and had a great deal of knowledge to share. We were able to see so many things on our custom tour that we would have never had the opportunity to see had we decided to do it on our own.

We traveled on the subway, by bus and walked. We controlled the pace and seeing that we wanted to see as much of the city as we could we went pretty fast and Gina just kept going with us. I am so happy that we made the decision to choose Family in New York to make the most of our visit.

I would highly recommend them,

Newbury Park, California
“Navigating the city in an electric scooter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family & I recently spent a delightful day in N.Y. visiting, among other things, the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island,& the 9/11 Memorial Museum. When the tour was set up several months ago, I had reservations about traveling the city on public transportation. However, with the guidance of our tour guide, Marcella, everything went fine. The buses have mechanized ramps that make entering & exiting easy. Overall, it was a memorable & fun day!

Anderson, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Well Worth It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was absolutely the best, most cost effective way to see New York! I was afraid that we would not get to see everything we wanted to see when I had initially planned this trip, then right before we left, I found Family in New York. This was an awesome experience! Our guide Marcella was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. She made sure our group got to see everything we wanted to see, and she was very patient accommodating. She showed us Manhattan, Brooklyn, and how to get around on the subways. She was fun to be around, and my daughters loved her! Having a private guide was well worth it, and I would most definitely recommend this company it to anyone!

Atwater, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amazing time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is the way to see New York! We saw things we never would have seen on our own accompanied by people who felt like family! We took both the Evening Lights tour and the 9 hour tour and we loved both of them. Cousin Scott and Cousin Neil were so much fun to be with we were sorry when our time was up. They also gave us many tips for when we weren't with them and that enhanced the rest of our trip. This is the best way to see NYC!!