“Like family, but better!”
Review of Family In New York

6-Hour New York City Tour with Driver-Guide and Separate Guide Option
Ranked #97 of 620 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private Tours by Public Transit or Vehicle; Evening Lights Tours; Layover Tours; and more. Please visit our website. Every tour itinerary is custom and personalized to meet the wants, needs and desires of our guests. We operate on our guests schedule and at their pace. In addition to our typical tours, we conduct tours for mobility impaired guests. We also conduct evening lights and skyline tours; sports tours; layover tours where we meet our guests at the hotel, airport, cruise terminal, train or bus station, load their luggage in our vehicle, tour them around New York City and then return them to their point of origin or another location. We have been in business for 10 years and continue to grow every year.
Hampshire, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Like family, but better!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our personal tour with Erica was a day to remember. She was friendly, courteous, caring and professional AND very knowledgable. It really did feel like spending the day with someone you know. Our tour was planned around us and what we wanted to see, with Erica spending time and chatting with all of us individually (family of 4). The whole experience was such a highlight, we would recommend this to everyone. Do it early in your stay but look after your feet - they WILL ache!!!

3 Thank Southsea-Goose

Houston, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“24 Hours in New York”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had only 24 hours in NYC before a 3 week trip to Asia and chose Family in New York for a half day "highlight" tour. The best thing about Family in New York is it is a private tour and one fee for the whole family (we had 6 people). Erica, our guide met us promptly in our hotel lobby in the morning and did a great job of showing us the sites that we wanted to see and she was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the city. She even helped us stay out of the rain by using the subway and buses where we could. Great way to see the city!

4 Thank gatortexan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Tour”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The best money we spent in New York City was a personal guided tour by "Family in New Yorl" Our tour guide Dina was so knowledgable about the city and sights we visited. Simply purchase a transit pass and be ready to see the sights. I can not imagine sightseeing in New York City anyother way except with Family in New York Tour.

2 Thank Bill M
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An incredible historical, sight seeing experience - Rose C.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Family in New York provided an in depth tour of New York city. My guide Donna possessed so much knowledge of the city's history. She gave detailed facts on all the sights we visited plus much more. I felt that I benefited from having her as a tour guide as most tourists would not know how to find all the places as well as tourist guides do. The day was a beautiful experience. I was blown over by the architecture and creativity New York possesses. I definately want to return and make a longer vist to take in more of the exciting atmosphere, culture and sights New York has to offer. I felt I was looked after so well from the very beginning of the process from booking the tour right up until I was taken back to my hotel. Scott was so helpful in assisting me to organise the tour and kept in contact to make sure I was ok and was content with everything. So I felt I was being looked after before and througout the experience.
Thank you FamilyinNewYork. I will definatley use you again. Until next time ...................

1 Thank Rose C
South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to tour for first trip to NY”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Family in New York is a great connection to make for your trip to NY. Marcey was prompt and to the point as she showed us around the city. My husband and I felt very secure with her and enjoyed her local knowledge during this tour. It really felt like we were walking around with an old friend. She was very interested in showing us what we wanted to see, saying a few times, "This is YOUR tour, not my tour." I highly recommend this tour for a first-time trip to NY, as this was our first trip to NY. There are places we went that I know we would have never gotten to if it weren't for Marcey and Family in New York. One little tidbit... Marcey new where clean public restrooms were -- every where we were.... things like that you just don't think about until you are downtown about to go in the 9/11 memorial and you have to potty....
Scott was our transportation back to Laguardia from our hotel, and he took us on a route that he said he bet we hadn't seen yet. He was right. I wish I had booked more of my transportation with Family in New York instead of using my hotel, but you live and learn.... If we go back to NY, I plan to look up my Family in New York again.

Visited May 2013