“A great night... FOR FREE!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ha! Comedy Club

Ha! Comedy Club
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A great night... FOR FREE!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were approached in Times Square to buy tickets after asking the seller for directions. After chatting with him he offered to give us the tickets for free if we bought 2 drinks each.
My girlfriend and I weren't sure whether we would go but on our last night in NY and with very little energy for much else we said what the hell, especially since it was a short walk from our hotel.
The show had more people than I expected and while it's a dingy little place (what did you expect?) it fit us all comfortably. The comedians, from the host to the headliner were fantastic. They interacted with the audience (without completely embarrassing them) and had us in stitches. It was a later show so the comedy got pretty raunchy at times so I wouldn't suggest it for kids under 16, but again its expected.
We ordered our 2 items each but during the course of the show only received our first orders. I was prepared to pay for those but our server was very nice and offered to void the whole bill.
So all in all it was a fantastic time and didn't cost me a cent. What more could I ask for?

Visited January 2013

Oceanside, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very strange location but was soooo worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were approached by ticket sales person in Times Square....$5 per person and show started in 5 min...why not??
It was the 8:30 pm show and was supposed to be family friendly....so with our 15 and 11 year old in tow we went. BEST time!! We laughed for 90 min straight...entire family enjoyed it. Even if we did have to buy a few sodas and some popcorn...go see it!

Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun way to top a New York adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I took my 13 year old son to New York, and after a day of seeing all the usual sites - Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, etc. - we ended up at Times Square. We were approached by some guy to go to this club. Ordinarily, I would have been quite wary of some 'guy' in the middle of Times Square, but for what seemed like a relatively nominal fee, and feeling the excitement of New York, we said 'what the heck', and went for it.

You can't/shouldn't expect that a comedy club in Times Sqaure is going to be a quaint oasis in the middle of the urban jungle. It is going to be (and if you ask me, should be) a little edgy (kind of like the NY subway). Comedy, and comedy in the middle of New York, will not come with bows on it. It probably wouldn't be funny if it did. We got exactly what we wanted - a small club where the comedians interacted with the audience, and had us laughing through the whole 1.5 hour show. It was a fun New York way to end of a New York day. (Note that they have an early [relatively] family friendly show, if you are taking kids - but even then, 13 is probably about the minimum. That show was at 8:30.)

Though the experience is positive, you should be prepared for a bit more cost than you initially bargained for (if you know it in advance, you won't feel scammed). It will probably cost you about 25% more than you expected to pay, after calculating tax and their (not-previously-advised) 'automatic' gratuity. We were told $10 per ticket, and $10 minimum food/drink order [at what turned out to be prices like $5/coke]. But after they added all this other stuff, it came to about $50 for 2 people. And certainly don't go for the food - as noted, they'll force you to buy a drink and/or some junk, but you may as well consider it as part of the ticket cost. The experience is about the comedy in gritty New York. If that's what you want, this place is just the right thing.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank 123ontheroadagain
Fort Wayne, Indiana
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I felt really scammed by this place. I bought 5 tickets on the street for $40. It seemed like a good deal until we arrived at the location. It was filthy dirty, the bathrooms were disgusting with nats flying around everywhere, & they charged us $90 for 5 beers & 2 cokes. They added $18 to the bill for their own tip, which I thought was absurd for bringing us two sets of drinks. The comedy was just OK........nothing to write home about. I feel like I threw $130 right out the window.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Angielovestotravel
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“it was funny - but a little sleazy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

hey I got a free ticket for ya? roll the dice go to a show. not for kids check the act before you commit

Visited July 2012