“Amazing food and attentive service”

A.O.C. L'aile ou la Cuisse
Reserve with OpenTable
A.O.C. L'aile ou la Cuisse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,961 of 15,864 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Grove Street
Transit: Train number 1 at Christopher St. - Sheridan Sq station. A,B,C,D,E,F,V at West 4 St. station.
Description: A West Village neighborhood restaurant, AOC in New York showcases classic French cuisine, created with authentic family recipes. There is a picturesque al fresco garden during the summer months. Favorites on the menu include moules marinieres, salad nicoise or lobster risotto, which can be enjoyed in a quaint bistro-style setting.
Reviewed October 20, 2017

What a lovely restaurant. Their service is very attentive and professional and the restaurant has some great quiet tables for dates. We started with the "small" mussels portion, and it was PLENTY for two people to share -- and worth it. Their salmon was delicious, and even more so the ratatouille bed it came on. My boyfriend was more traditional with a burger but it was also different from other places' - very nicely prepared. Would 100% go again.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

This bistro was a nice surprise. We were invited by friends to help celebrate a special birthday. The food was great - charcuterie and cheese, calamari, to share. We each ordered individual entrees - duck, fish, steak and a vegetarian dish. Everyone was satisfied. Desserts were delicious! The only challenge was that the rest room was down a full flight of very steep stairs so it could be difficult for older people or any one who is not able to walk unaided. Worth trying!

Reviewed September 13, 2017

It was a beautiful late summer day on an outdoor patio in the West Village with a friendly and engaging waiter who cheerfully tolerated and politely corrected my horrid French while I tried to order my meal and while I treated my long loved and beautiful wife; my extraordinary and generous son; and his exceptionally wonderful bride to be to a serene lunch with wine for my son's birthday. You want me to complain? Like Paris in New York. Life was good that day. Great waiter, family, food, service. And (Oh golly) I got to pay the bill.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

Four of us had dinner here on the outdoor patio. The patio is great, mostly screened from the street and yet open and airy. Our server was also excellent. But the food...not memorable. Two of us had the daily special: grilled tuna, "black mashed potatoes" which means there were kalamata olives mixed in and sautéed spinach. Altogether 3 on a scale of 5. Another diner had the moules and frites and pronounced the mussels uninteresting as was the sauce. So too bad, would have liked to liked this place much more.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

We had lunch in the patio outside. Food was great. Croque Madame was very good. Nice and quiet outdoor space. Friendly service. Prices are OK. Overall a great and enjoyable experience.