“On The Cheap”

A.O.C. L'aile ou la Cuisse
Reserve with OpenTable
A.O.C. L'aile ou la Cuisse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,949 of 14,524 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Grove Street
Transit: Train number 1 at Christopher St. - Sheridan Sq station. A,B,C,D,E,F,V at West 4 St. station.
Description: A West Village neighborhood restaurant, AOC in New York showcases classic French cuisine, created with authentic family recipes. There is a picturesque al fresco garden during the summer months. Favorites on the menu include moules marinieres, salad nicoise or lobster risotto, which can be enjoyed in a quaint bistro-style setting.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

With times being as tight as they are,, it is nice to use a Coupon from one of the Half price sites when you can,, We were trying to use up some of Our Mileage-Miles Up and Pick up a 2 Half Price Coupons for A.O.C.,,,
We Had a Nice Fall Sunday Brunch there and as we sat Over cups of Hot Coffee and warm bread,, We realize that were having a true Village Exper.
The service at A.O.C. is Just a Little bit Slow,, But the Food is down right Fantastic,,
For the Buck You get so Much,, and it is so good and serve Hot & Comfortable,
If the weather is nice or Cool do Use the Back Garden,, or Better Yet go on an Off Night and sit Back and enjoy a Very True NYC-Village Exper.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We went here for brunch this past Saturday. I had the Chicken Paillard and my date had an omelette. We both enjoyed our food very much. The service was very good. It was so hard to choose what to get, everything looked so good. They have a really cute garden area to sit in during the warmer months. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stopped in here on our way to a play. Great move! We ordered mussels for an appetizer that were succulent and hot, not just warm. While my date had a wonderful-looking steak, I ordered salmon and loved every bite. Wonderfully prepared vegetables accompanied the dish. And the service ... just terrific! Our waitress was so attentive and caring. We never had to ask for water or had to reach for our bottle of wine. She was right there to refill both!

Just a great spot if you're in the Village and need a great restaurant. A.O.C. is the right place for a great meal.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went for breakfast, had a Groupon, the juice was fresh squeezed, food was delicious, and nice sized portions, though I could not it all.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have eaten here on many occassion for dinner mostly and breakfast as well.
Coq co Vin is my favorite, the frites amazing our guest visiting from OZ who travels internationally all the time especially to Paris when on and on abou the frites, the mushroom soup and roast chicken. Let me not leave out the Le Grand Deluxe, meat and cheeses Mary and fresh fruits and toast points. I have to have the Ratatoille and always bring some home for the next day.

Great French bistro/bar atomosphere, out side is great but we love the front room. The staff is good and operate pretty well in this very busy space that can be tight especially on a weekend. My wife had the Merguez and Frites we dream of them now! Friends, a date, business for lunch or breakfast. I would not recommend bringing the kids it an adult crowd with a very lively vibe.

We do ot drink but frineds enjoy the wine list!

Bon appetite!