“Best time in NYC!”

Famous Fat Dave's Food Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Eating tours by classic Checker cab, minivan, or on foot with Famous Fat Dave himself!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Tel Aviv, Israel
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Best time in NYC!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

If you want to see smell and taste REAL New York food, If you want to visit facinating neighbourhoods and authentic restaurants - join Famous Fat Dave's Food Tours.
I've visited New York several times as a tourist, but my day out with Dave was the best!

Visited February 2014

Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Dave's tour was brilliant and exactly what was promised. He took us to areas of Brooklyn we never would have found on our own and the food (plus Dave's extensive knowledge of the area and the people) made for a great day. Well worth the cost for a highly memorable day.

3 Thank clarecaldwell
midlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The funniest food tour I have ever been on”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

If you are in NY city then you must do this tour! It is quite simply the funniest tour I've ever been on. Dave is so friendly and hilarious but he is also so knowledgeable and welcoming. The food on the tour is just so amazing. I can't rate this tour enough, it's a great way to see the city and we had the best time and laughed so much. Dave even dropped us off at the end to the bar we were going to that evening (this was out of his way). Thank you Dave for a great tour.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Adele_C_89
Adelaide, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Heaven on a plate”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My partner & I were lucky to get a spot on Fat Dave's last tour for 2013 - couldn't book a private tour so we were linked in with another couple - other Aussies as it turned out - and it was soooooo worth it! We spent most of the trip around Brooklyn & Queens and had some absolutely stand out taste sensations. This wasn't eating until you explode - but a well paced trip of tastings interspersed with Dave's fantastic historical knowledge. I am not a huge eater even though I love my food and had been worried that I wouldn't be able to fit it all in - but it was just the right amount. The complete standout's for me were the choc-coated key lime pies (the only tasting spot we asked for seconds :) ) & the extraordinary hand filled cannoli's at Ferdinando's in Brooklyn. The cannoli's were so good that we made a second trip out there a few days later to see if they were really the best on the planet - plus at Dave's recommendation we also sampled their pasta this time around - UNBELIEVABLE! Hopefully we won't have to wait too long before we can return and try a different borough exploration with Dave. A complete highlight of our 2 weeks in NY - a fantastic day!

1 Thank Gabrielle R
Kfar Saba, Israel
“The Best”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We were two couples and we spent the whole afternoon with Dave. It was our best afternoon in the whole vacation. Dave is so knowledgeable about the history of Brooklyn and a real expert in the culinary history of Brooklyn. We started with empty stomach and were treated to some of the best deli in Brooklyn. It was the perfect mix of excellent food and history. We truly believe that Dave Tour will be the best thing you will do in NYC.