“You won't be disappointed!”

Famous Fat Dave's Food Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Eating tours by classic Checker cab, minivan, or on foot with Famous Fat Dave himself!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My husband and I and our 17 year old son enjoyed a Junk in the Trunk tour with Dave and thoroughly enjoyed it. We sampled a Dominican orange juice, awesome pastrami sandwiches, cannoli, coffee soda and the best pizza we've ever tasted, just to name a few.
We were stuffed full of both great food and Dave's fabulous stories.
If you're looking for something outside of the ordinary then do a tour with Dave. He's a lovely guy and he's got the goods on where to go for some great food!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My fiance and I did a Famous Fat Dave Tour this week while visiting NYC. We flew in from Australia and being regular visitors to NYC and looking for something different to do after reading so many great things about Famous Fat Dave and his tour we decided to book one. We didn't mess around and we booked a 6hr tour and after lasting 5 1/2 hours I can honestly say if you like food just do it. Famous Fat Dave took us to places we never would of seen on our own. This applies to food and seeing parts of New York a regular visitor would not see. Famous Fat Dave is not just your driver for the tour but a book of information on so many things when it comes to NY. If you have any reservations about spending time with someone you don't know and driving around the city tasting the local neighborhood delights all I can say is Famous Fat Dave is the most welcoming and easy guide to get along with its ridiculous. For the remainder of our stay we could contact him and get advice on places to eat in certain areas or ask any questions we may have. For anyone who says it is to expensive well think of it like this. You have a private driver and tour guide who will take you to places for photo opportunities you never would find on your own, local restaurant neighborhood gems you would never experience without being on the tour, and you can eat as much as you like. I look forward to our next visit to NYC so we can book our next epic tour and hang out with Famous Fat Dave again. Someone also needs to give this man a TV show, Bourdain may have sold out but Famous Fat Dave is ready to take his place.

1  Thank spongey78
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Dave is a very warm and friendly and extremely knowledgeable tour guide of local favorite eating places, along with the history of the city. You Will experience areas of the city that tour buses don't go, and along with eating great food, you will meet some great people. This is the way to see the real New York, after you have done all the basic NYC tourist sites. (eg. Statue of Liberty, Empire State Bldg, Times Square,etc.)

1  Thank MarquetteYooper
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The best five hours I've ever spent touring in New York. This unique 'eating' tour is well worth the cost. Dave is very informative about the neighborhoods that we visited and the foods we ate. I was taken to areas that I never would have discovered on my own and enjoyed every morsel.

2  Thank Coralgables61
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We originally booked a tour with Dave from Australia, requesting Soul Food. When we met up with him we explained that we'd already sampled some delights from Harlem, and what else could he recommend? On the fly Dave came up with a whole range of options and we decided on the Best of Brooklyn - somewhere we wouldn't have visited on our own. The tour was part geography and part foodie and we sampled the delights of donuts, Nathan's famous hot dogs, pastrami, pizza, Mexican and chinese dumplings. Dave is both entertaining and engaging. We didn't want the tour to stop! This is something "off the beaten track" and well worth it.

2  Thank Melissa S