“Great place for a family visit!”

Ripley's Believe It or Not - Times Square
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Ripley's Believe It or Not! Times Square
Ranked #269 of 1,149 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of New York City, Ripley's Believe It or Not! Times Square brings people of all ages face-to-face with the world's most unbelievable curiosities. With more than 500 hundred rare artifacts, astonishing relics, and thrilling interactive exhibits, this one-of-kind attraction welcomes visitors to experience the unusual and unexpected. Only in Ripley's New York will families rediscover wonder around every corner. Featuring countless original pieces and galleries, including the new "Little Apple" room and Manhattan's only Laser Race, as well as "Believe It or Not" special events year-round, Ripley's Times Square offers guests unforgettable experiences that can only be found in New York. The museum also hosts a variety of options for groups including field trips, birthday parties, and scouting expeditions.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Ripley's was not on my family's schedule when we traveled to New York - however, we added it on after we walked by a few times. It ended up being my 9-year old's favorite place. Not only does the place have a plethora of oddities to look at, they have many historical items - from presidents, a piece of the Berlin Wall. It was educational and fun! We had a great time roaming the place and luckily we weren't on a set schedule. it took us approximately 1.5 to 2 hours to get through the place. There is a lot of walking, and it was a little warm in there. However, we had a great time and got some great photos. This is a must see for families!

All reviews
"times square"
in 61 reviews
"interesting stuff"
in 11 reviews
"interesting things to see"
in 8 reviews
in 9 reviews
"on display"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went with lot's of hope. Seemed ok, but not great or mind blowing. Few great collections. Good to take family members around. I would suggest pro spend time around Times Square, If travelling with kids below 5 years, instead to visiting here. Bit too costly. Photographs being taken during the entrance, are not worth buying.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were having a girl's weekend. I'm a fanatic for museums and my daughter can't stand them. This was great for both of us. Something about a collection of 'peculiarities' appeals to almost everyone. Allow at least 2 hours. Get set for crowds. Make reservations in advance online if you can.....it will save a chunk of money. Madame Tussauds is right next door. The Hard Rock Cafe and Toys R Us also just a very short walk. We had a good time

1  Thank sandiver1
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

So we went in and a person said he will give us the student discount even though we are not student. We go to the counter and there is no posted priced and the person made it seem like we are getting a great deal. $24 person for 2 came up to $56 with tax and I don't get how but I didn't ask anything. The displays are above average and the best part was the black hole. That was amazing. I would not really recommend at that price point.