“Delicious breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Financial District
Description: Thanks to great food, the place's personality and design, George's is considered a legend.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had an appointment in lower Manhattan fairly early on a Saturday morning, so I decided to look for somewhere to eat in the area, and found George's to be highly recommended.

The recommendations weren't wrong. The pancakes were the best we had during our stay in NYC – not to mention the largest. I made the 'mistake' or ordering three pancakes, and that kept me going until the afternoon. Service was efficient. My only quibble was having to remind the server I had ordered a glass of water – which isn't standard here.

Definitely worth a second visit!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

we were staying at wall street but came here everyday for breakfast instead of using the hotel. my son thinks this was a highlight of our trip! we loved the food, set us up for the day. try the toasted bagels and cream cheese and the french toast. service is great with frequent free coffee refills. prices are very good too. we spent $15-25 for 2 of us and were full up.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This diner was located pretty close to where we were staying. It was a standard diner experience. Extensive menu, fair price, fair food.

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Service was quick & friendly. Food was served fast and hit the spot. There was plenty to choose from on the menu .You gotta eat here!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great place for breakfast. Yes you can end up being seated in the middle of a large group, but the service is always good and the food never disappoints.