“Great Place for Lunch Meeting”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 16,018 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Within the hallowed walls of the Time-Life Building, and surrounded by some of the city’s most heralded attractions from Broadway to Radio City Music Hall, the imminent arrival of The Capital Grille is creating quite a stir of its own. Especially anticipated are our legendary dry-aged steaks, fresh seafood offerings, and a widely heralded collection of over 7,000 bottles of wine. All presented with unparalleled service in an atmosphere of relaxed elegance that serves as a respite to the frenetic pace of the streets outside.
Reviewed May 20, 2017

This place is the perfect place to conduct your intimate business lunch meeting. It offers great old school ambience (dark woods, but with lots of natural light), well-executed standard dishes, and is quiet enough to hear one another, but with just the right amount of background noise. My seared salmon salad was possibly the best version of this dish I've had - perfectly grilled salmon with well-dressed greens and a nice mix of avocado, mango and tomatoes.

Date of visit: May 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

For some reason we had a team happy booked for this place. I'm sure the food for dinner would be good, but not a good grab and drink and hang place. We left and went somewhere else.

Reviewed May 12, 2017

We had dinner in a private room and the service as well as the accomodation was good. Food was fine thus not exceptional.

Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

It's all the usual mid town steak place vibe. We had a room for an event. It's all nicely arranged and served but it's very very standard. Brown decor & classic styling. For whatever reason our menu was a meat fest. Maybe it was designed to pair with the wines we were busy with. No complaints but I did have a duck course that was dry and lacking love. The other courses were delicious. Pork belly heaven. Great for business events. It's all standard stuff, solid but not for hipsters looking for the hip hop and happening

Reviewed May 11, 2017

Really good, New York Steak House. I had the Kona Steak which was amazing, with the truffle fries. Good service, decent wine list. My wife had the Tuna which she said was realy good and from my side of the table looked great. Price wise - for us brits, it was somewhere in the region of what you'd pay for a 1 star michelin meal in London, so pricey for a steak house but this is New York, and it is a great steak house, so overall I felt it was good value for money. Plus, they happened to sell my favourite wine - Dog Point Sauvignon.

Date of visit: March 2017