“Awesome every time ”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Make it a day to remember. From birthdays and anniversaries to professional milestones, we aim to make every gathering special at The Capital Grille. Open seven days a week, The Capital Grille is best known for our expertly prepared steaks, which are dry aged in house for 18 to 24 days and then hand-cut by our restaurant's on-premise butcher. The Capital Grille's wine list features more than 350 selections, and its floor-to-ceiling wine kiosk regularly houses 3,500 - 5,000 bottles. Reservations are recommended but not required. For more information, please visit our website. We look forward to delighting you.
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

I've been to more steak houses than I could count. This is one of the best, if not the best. I have been here many times and it is consistently excellent as is the service. I love the filet au poivre. All of the salads and sides I have had have been great as well.

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank V6755ONjamesm

Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Reserved our table for 6:30 thinking we would have plenty of time before our 8:00 Book of Mormon show but that was not the case. We asked for the Pre-Theatre menu as they won't give it to you unless asked. Our server asked if we had time constraints and we informed him that we had. He went out of his way to make sure we got our three course meal in a timely manner. We knew we wouldn't have time for our dessert so he packed it for is to go. We both really liked our food and wouldn't hesitate to come back.

1  Thank IloveSeahawks12
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Beautiful elegant decor and attentive service. The location is a bit tucked away... But close to the Broadway shows. Definitely worth it if you're willing to pay the price. Like most high-end steak houses the steak was excellent! I had the corn soup... Worth it. The Lobster bisque had huge chunks of lobster claws in it... Very worth it. I had the basil, mozzarella salad... Very good and it was huge! The shrimp cocktail had shrimp at least 2 oz. each and could serve as a dinner... Excellent. The assortment of breads hot out of the oven... Excellent. Overall a very good choice. A couple drinks, dinner, apps and tip around $275.

1  Thank Amy S
Reviewed September 2, 2016

We had been looking forward to dinner at the Capital Grille prior to seeing a show. For $50+ per steak here, they were over salted, could be juicier and had more fat and bone than acceptable for the high price tag. We were eager to get to the show, quickly looked through the bill, paid and left. The next day, I reviewed the bill.The server heard us discussing what sides we were going to order, we decided on roasted mushrooms. When our meals were presented , the server also brought over mashed potatoes, He said he heard us discussing them as a side.Considering this a complimentary gesture, we left a large tip. We were charged $7 for about 2 tablespoons of potatoes that we didn't order. Unacceptable for an establishment of their kind. I wish we caught it before we left the restaurant.

2  Thank Deana R
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Thought I'd pop into Capital Grille as I was staying just down the road from it. Sat at the bar as I was eating alone that night, and was served by Dan the bardender. Dan gave amazing service friendly, sassy, and very quintessential New York. He also happened to make the best Manhattan I've ever had.

Food was fantastic and my steak was cooked exactly as I love (with the exception of the ton of peppercorns on the steak, I'd go so far as to say it was perfect).

1  Thank ryan1699