“Glad I have a poor memory...”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Ranked #155 of 13,841 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Make it a day to remember. From birthdays and anniversaries to professional milestones, we aim to make every gathering special at The Capital Grille. Open seven days a week, The Capital Grille is best known for our expertly prepared steaks, which are dry aged in house for 18 to 24 days and then hand-cut by our restaurant's on-premise butcher. The Capital Grille's wine list features more than 350 selections, and its floor-to-ceiling wine kiosk regularly houses 3,500 - 5,000 bottles. Reservations are recommended but not required. For more information, please visit our website. We look forward to delighting you.
Reviewed July 28, 2016

As I logged in to review the Capital Grill I was reminded by TA that I had already done so before. Reading my review from July 2011 I was a disappointed customer and I guess I have had so many dining experiences since then that I don't remember them all that well. This meal was excellent on every level. It was Restaurant Week in NYC and the place was busy but the service was excellent. The food was even better, and with just three courses it was more than enough to satisfy this whiner. There are two Capital Grills in NYC, 42nd St and 51st St. This review is for the 51st St. location. Sarah B. was our waitress and Bonnie was her assistant in training. Both were really good.

Reviewed July 27, 2016

We were on a flying visit to NYC to pick up a tour which started and ended in the city - and we went to Capital Grille both nights we were there.

We tend to eat early evening so sat down to the pre-theatre menu which at $39 is fantastic value for money.

Everything about the Capital Grille is fabulous but the fillet mignon and the mashed potatoes are a joy to behold. There was also a 'generous pour' wine offer on which was $28 for up to 7 glasses of wine which compliment your meal.

The service is spot on too - attentive without being intrusive and no thoughts of rushing you out either. I have visited Capital Grille's in Seattle & Vegas which are both excellent but this one in particular is my favourite. I have and do recommend anyone to go there when they visit NYC

1  Thank Jonesy2005
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

This was a recommendation from a work colleague. Food was fabulous although a little overpriced. While I thought the tables were toooo close to one another, we did end up making friends with the two work colleagues beside us. A little dark inside but what good steakhouse isn't?

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

Could not have asked for better food and service. We had a private room so that could explain the service. Definitely a great choice for a business dinner.

Reviewed July 25, 2016

Aged steak for restaurant week is the best deal in town. Great service. Never disappointed with large group.

1  Thank NYbikerGAL