“I really liked this place - great food and service”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 14,214 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Within the hallowed walls of the Time-Life Building, and surrounded by some of the city’s most heralded attractions from Broadway to Radio City Music Hall, the imminent arrival of The Capital Grille is creating quite a stir of its own. Especially anticipated are our legendary dry-aged steaks, fresh seafood offerings, and a widely heralded collection of over 7,000 bottles of wine. All presented with unparalleled service in an atmosphere of relaxed elegance that serves as a respite to the frenetic pace of the streets outside.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went with a work colleague and I was paying so he ordered the most expensive items and lots of it!! It's not particular cheap either so I ended up spending nearly $300. My starter and mains were delicious. Believe it or not I'm not a steak eater but had the chicken which was great. The service was good too but I'm sure she was looking for an extra big tip as sometimes was OTT. I would recommend this especially as My food is so memorable and I'll definitely be going back.

1  Thank RoRo500
Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Just had a meal here with my wife. Great quality food, but shocking service and hospitality. Having eaten at the capital grille in orlando, florida on previous trips to the USA, all I can say is that it falls short of their standards. Its almost as though we were 3rd class citizens. The attitude of the staff was dissapointing and they were not attentive enough. Having complained to the manager we were offered $29 off the bill so at least they listened to us. I had the fillet mignon which was great and the wife had lobster and crab stuffed shrimp - they were both fantastic. Great food - but the poor service means that we wont be visiting again in a hurry.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went one evening with our 7 and 11 children as recommended by our hotels concierge. The steaks, restaurant, service, menu, location where out of this world. The steaks where top quality, well cooked and presented. They tasted amazing as did the rest of the food we ordered. Go if you can

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I once again had the pleasure of dining at Capital Grill Steak House. The first time was in Las Vegas a few years ago. The 2nd was the other day in NYC. The atmosphere is sophisticated as expected, the service was impeccable and the food was delicious. The steaks were so flavorful I hated to leave the bone and few pieces behind. (We were heading to a Broadway show right after) We had the Delmonico steaks which is there signature steak, $49 bucks each.Well worth the money. This is one of the top steak houses in America in my opinion. Go and enjoy!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This a solid choice for a business dinner in the city. Consistently good food, and a nice atmosphere. The bar is pretty nice and they make solid drinks. I always get the filet which has never been overcooked, and the potato au gratin are AMAZING!