Ways to Experience Bowery Boys Walking Tours
from $35.00
More Info
from $35.00
More Info
All reviews nyc history gilded age washington square personal anecdotes central park tour small group highly recommend this tour excellent tour new york podcast noho topic lowry stories architecture informative visitors
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2018

Having listened to the Bowery Boys Podcast on New York City history for years, I was ecstatic to learn they were producing a series of walking tours across the city. We were members of the inaugural tour of the Broadway Theater district, led by Jeff Dobbins. Jeff was very knowledgeable on the history of the many theaters in the area, provided many good tidbits of history, and showed us things we hadn't ever noticed before despite being local residents. We highly recommend this tour.

Date of experience: October 2018
2  Thank Jeffrey L
Reviewed October 19, 2018

This tour was great! Highly recommended.

We were thrilled when we first learned the Bowery Boys would be expanding their wonderful NYC history podcast into walking tours. We've been listening for years and we love their funny and fascinating NYC stories. The walking tours have the same charm, humor, and interesting unexpected details that the podcast offers.

We went on the Broadway Landmarks tour and our guide told us how he arrived in NYC on a bus at the age of 17 to make it on Broadway. He had amazing personal anecdotes, ghost stories, architectural info, and trivia questions. The photos he brought were also incredible--photos I've never seen before of Ziegfeld follies, rooftop theaters, and more.

It was very fun, informative, and detailed. As someone who grew up in the neighborhood, I was amazed at how much I didn't know! I definitely plan to go on more tours, and now I finally have a go-to activity for when I have visitors from outside the city.

Date of experience: October 2018