“Good Location very accessible to subway.”
other travelers have booked this property
DSC00091.JPG DSC00093.JPG
DSC00091.JPG
DSC00093.JPG
DSC00094.JPG
DSC00096.JPG
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Spanish first
Any
Adventure...
“Good Location very accessible to subway.”
Reviewed September 23, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Milton met us on arrival, he is very friendly and helpful. The apartment is very clean and safe. Great family friendly apartment.

FreddieLe...
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“Classy, sophisticated, warm and welcoming, olde-worlde charm.”
Reviewed September 21, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Classy, sophisticated, warm and welcoming, olde-worlde charm ... and that's just the owner, Milton. The apartment sits just off the most vibrant area of Uptown Harlem with a couple of the best restaurants you could hope for (Sylvia's & The Red Rooster). The subway to Manhatten is just a short block away (I recommend getting the $30/7-day pass for unlimited travel). There are a couple of well-stocked markets and convenience stores nearby too. The apartment itself is a classic brownstone, a gorgeous building with all of its original features. We were given the one on the second floor and we were very happy with it (as a couple in our 50's). Milton is a really sweet and sincere gentleman who made us feel very welcome, after which we were handed our keys then left to our own devices but were told that if we needed anything just to let him know, and indeed, in our case, when something came up, he went above and beyond the call of duty. It's a 10-minute walk away from Central Park, where we spent most of one of the 4 days we were there. We got to see plenty of New York, both the tourist areas and a few places off the beaten track. The Staten Ferry is a 'must do', the Guggenheim was excellent, and Grand Central Station was as beautiful as I'd anticipated. We even managed to see a show at the Daryl Roth Theatre. All in all, it's an amazing place and we hope to return sometime. Btw, did I mention Milton, the owner? He's a really lovely guy and it was like meeting an old friend ... thanks, Milton!

HMAGWood
“Mrs”
Reviewed October 31, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

An excellent apartment in Harlem. Clean, great location convenient to subway (13 mins to Times Square), with excellent local stores (csv pharmacy and good local supermarket a few blocks away). Milton met us on arrival and was extremely helpful. Would definitely book again for an 'authentic' NYC stay.

missmoniq...
sydney
“Harlem townhouse”
Reviewed October 26, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

I had never used trip advisor vacation rentals before so was a bit hesitant, however so glad that we did. Milton was helpful before we even got there. As we arrived he helped us with our bags to the second floor. Theres a fair few stairs so might not suit everyone. The apartment was typical new york. It had a fully equipped kitchen. Internet was provided. There is restaurants and grocery stores and a laundromat within walking distance aswell as other store such as H&m and american eagle. The subway is very close and is so easy to catch to times square, the park, midtown etc. We loved our stay here and thank milton so much for a wonderful stay we wont forget!

kttravel0...
UK
“Utterly Marvellous Host and Perfectly Practical Apartment”
Reviewed July 26, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

I loved my stay here. I would stay again, and indeed hope to. Milton, the gentleman who is the host at this property, is exactly that: a gentleman. He was so kind and generous, and takes the comfort of his guests very seriously.

I stayed in the apartment in the 'lower ground' which was perfect for me. It had every amenity I might need. When I arrived I met the member of staff responsible for cleaning who does a magnificent job. It was truly a home away from home.

The subway is perhaps a 60 second walk away and I did not experience a jot of trouble making the journey both north and south from Harlem. There is an amazing supermarket two blocks away with a huge range of organic and 'regular' produce. There is also a choice of two launderettes within two blocks. There is a CVS on the corner, and a choice of restaurants from the famous 'Red Rooster' to soulfood places to BK and McDonalds. I did a little shopping in the local stores - so friendly and much more affordable than downtown.

I am a solo female traveller and felt completely safe in the neighbourhood and in the apartment.

Whilst here, I must apologise for the tardiness of this review. I returned to a very difficult work situation and ended up quite ill. Memories of my time in New York, and the lovely apartment I got to call home for a week, were one of the few plus points of that time. I very much hope to meet Milton again, and would recommend a stay here to anyone.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The host and proximity to shops and transport.
Liked least: Leaving.
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
0405Jean
San Antonio, Texas
“AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

Our stay at Milton's apartment in May was awesome!!! Milton is very attentive and will answer any questions and give you tips on places in the area to check out! His apartment was very close to the subway and was MUCH cheaper than staying in a hotel. Milton even paid for our car ride back to the airport when we left. WE LOVE Milton!! Most definitely will stay in one of his apartments when we return to New York in the future.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
MarceloRB...
Brasilia, DF
“Amazing”
Reviewed May 3, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

Harlem was a great experience! Lots of smiling people around. The flat is as announced: big, clean, quite and with all the facilities. THe Metro is on the corner, 1min walking. Milton is the best part of this: very supportive and easygoing person. I would recommend it to anyone who is planning to go to NY.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Easy access to anywhere.
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing