“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 74 New York City B&B and Inns
Justin, Texas, Usa
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Wow am I glad that the UN General Assembly was meeting and had all the reasonably priced hotel rooms booked! I loved the comfort and relaxation, took advantage of neighborhood food and the park across the street. Definitely will plan on staying again. Convenient to the subway, a mailbox drop, it was fantastic.

Room Tip: The room was amazingly quiet. Having the window seat in the front room was great. Loved what was o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Kelly R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Roanoke, Virginia, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Two friends and myself, all from Virginia, came to the city to visit a high school friend. We stayed in Allie's room and it was perfect! Very clean, large enough for four, even though we had three. When we arrived, Earl stayed long enough to assist us getting settled in. The fridge was stocked perfectly for breakfast and snacks. Markets and the Subway were all convenient. Parking was affordable and it was very quiet. I will stay here again and again. Thank you to Marilyn and Earl for making our trip comfortable!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Holly W
Fayetteville, Arkansas, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I took our 9 year old granddaughter to see NYC and it was not easy finding a place with an extra bed at a good price, then we found Allies. How delightful it was to walk into the room, so well appointed and clean, clean, clean. The best part for us was to see the well stocked fridge with all kinds of Good Quality breakfast food, enough to last the four days we were there. And, the easy access to the C and A lines, being just a block away was very convenient, as we took the subway to midtown every day. We cannot say enough good things about this place,,,we now have our "home" in the city!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank MosheN_13
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is the perfect place for a quiet and comfortable yet well appointed room. It is close to the train. The train ride to midtown is not too long and you can get out right at Columbus Circle. I stayed in the upstairs Allie's Room and is was quite roomy! From the moment of the initial booking to my last moments - the service was superb! I highly recommend staying here when in Manhattan!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MakuhKovic
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have stayed at Allie's twice in 2012. I found the Garden room and the large Allie Room comfortable, convince and affordable. The location is close to restaurants, subway, and entertainment. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend.

I will be there a couple of time in 2013.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ASmith51
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

We spent a week at Allie's. It was within walking distance of Jazz clubs and a short subway ride to the centre of NYC. Marilyn was very helpful with all requests. On the last day she retrieved the taxi driver who had my purse with my wallet and passport, left accidently with him. A life saver.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank egenns
Mystic, Connecticut, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

While visiting New York in the summer, my family and I wanted to stay in a nice, quiet place away from the city's noise often found in major hotels. Allie's Inn B&B was the perfect place! The area was quiet, the room was very clean, nicely organized and decorated, we all slept very well in very comfortable beds and we could enjoy the comfort and flexibility of having our own breakfast (nice selection provided by the Inn) and light meals or snacks using our own kitchen. The experience was like having our own place in the city, we had everything! Marilyn Moulton, the Innkeeper and her staff were friendly and easily accessible via phone or emails answering all our questions (where can we park?) Moreover, I inadvertently left a personal item in the room and after noticing its absence at home a few weeks later, I contacted Marilyn and she promptly returned my email saying that she had found my item and I was so happy to receive it in the mail at my home a few days later! Now, that is a great service! This Inn is now my favorite place to stay in the NYC and I am already planning my next stay there during the holidays.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family