“Excellent Lunch Thali”
Review of Aangan

Aangan
Reserve with OpenTable
Aangan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,616 of 13,754 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Broadway and 103rd street
Transit: Subway 103rd Street Station - # 1 Train
“Excellent Lunch Thali”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Wandering toward the subway and in search of good food, well prepared and presented that doesn't cost a month's rent, we stopped at Aangan on 103rd and Broadway. We have traveled in India and rarely find such a delicious thali (platter of small dishes). I chose the seafood thali and my husband selected chicken and lamb. Everything tasted freshly made and came out of the kitchen steaming hot (temp). The most extraordinary thing was that even the tandoori shrimp were perfectly cooked and juicy. Nothing was dry, rubbery or bland (we have eaten some dreadful stuff lately--here in New York). The naan came to the table hot from the oven, fresh and lightly buttered. The restaurant's interior is quite lovely, also...high ceiling and beautiful stenciled design (rongoli designs?) on the walls. All in all, a surprising find.

• Visited September 2012

“Delivery”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I haven't eaten in this restaurant, but I order delivery from them fairly often. They have a take-away deal that is out of this world. I order through GrubHub, and the deal is an appetizer, main dish, nan, rice, and condiments for $15. The food is good. I usually order the samosa (2 with curried chick peas), and one of the chicken dishes. Excellent deal. I can usually eat one order for two meals.

Visited August 2012
“Overperforms”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I am always amazed how much better this restaurant is than I expect it to be. Perhaps that's because it is on 103rd St and Broadway. Make the trip for finely prepared and some unusual dishes. I have never had tandoori meats so juicy, the sauces are flavorful and well-spiced. It's a tablecloth restaurant with really welcoming service.

Visited July 2012
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“taste from the India”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I been there twice, because the flavors of this restaurant are amazing, really you can enjoy a tasting menu of 8 courses with the real Indian Flavors. excellent

Visited June 2012
Bangalore
“Our last meal in NYC was Indian ...”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

... and we were really happy with the food quality. We're from India and this was out only Indian meal the entire trip. It was very good food, friendly, unobtrusive service ... and for lunch they had a fixed meal for about 11$

Visited April 2012