“Solo lunch excelled”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Between 29th and 30th Streets
Transit: 1, 2, 3, A, C & E trains to Penn Station/34th Street.
Description: Seven is a rare find in the neighborhood, located in the heart of Manhattan just steps away from New York's Penn Station, Madison Square Garden & the Fashion District offering a modern twist to classic dishes. We're 'casual dining' rather than 'fine dining' but that doesn't mean our quality & service should be any less. We believe we've found the right balance with a passionate kitchen team & a charming front of house team along with a service ethos centered squarely on ensuring your experience with us is a great one.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

In NYC on a business trip, I was walking near my hotel and stumbled across Seven. I sat at the bar and ordered the carrot soup and a lobster salad. The bartender/waiter said I should try today's special, the seafood chowder instead. I took a chance and couldn't believe my surprise when I got a wonderful cream soup with all sorts of fresh veggies and chunks of seafood...quite unlike any "seafood chowder" I have ever eaten! The lobster salad was dressed lightly and included grapefruit slices for a citrus zing. It was all perfect!

I will be back for dinner!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Private dining and great service to conduct business. Sat in the back so we could talk business. The meal was excellent and the price was reasonable for the City.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Never been to this restaurant before, so we took a chance! Couldnt believe our luck! The best choice and place we could have imagined! The staff where great,the food was great aswell, a three course menu for our reception, very accommodating to what we wanted for our special day! Lovely place and the atmosphere was fab! I would go there again and recommend "Seven" to anyone! They did an excellent job for us! All our guests really enjoyed themselves. Thanks to all at "Seven Bar and Grill". 9th November 2012!!!!""

1  Thank damokazo
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was taken here for lunch by some folks that work in the area and it is one of their favorites. I could see why. The food was excellent. I had the special which was baked halibut and it was cooked perfect and tasted great. It was so good, I went back 2 days later with a colleague. There are booths downstairs in the bar area and tables in the back and upstairs. We ate upstairs. If you want a booth, you should reserve it. The menu has a nice variety with entrees, salads, sandwiches and pasta. Something for everyone. I'd certainly go back. It is close to Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. It is well worth going to.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great tapas, good menu and wine list. Service changes depending on time of day and how busy it is. Some staff show a kind of arrogant attitude, however, for happy hour with friends, it is a great place to hang out specialy if you have a chance to get a table in the front window where you can also do people viewing!