“Defontes is the best”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Love this place, always visit when in NYC. Been to both the Brooklyn Red Hook and Manhattan stores. Sandwiches are beyond this world, try the Cuban or the Nicky Special. You will never be able to have a normal sandwich again.

Service is fast, friendly and the subs are amazing value.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank Platelicker

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Truly spectacular. A must! You like Italian Heroes you say? Scratch that. You LOVE Italian heroes? This place is for you!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The best deli sandwiches I have ever tasted. I had the Hot roast beef with eggplant and my wife had the Sinatra, we split so we each had a half.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We ordered #20, the hot roast beef. The meat almost melts in your mouth it is so tender, the fried egg plant is the best topping ever and the fresh baked bread is perfect. We felt sad when we left, because we will likely never have this again as we live so far away! The sandwhich is huge so my husband and I shared it and there was plenty for us both.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

When I was growing up in Brooklyn, my parents told me: "Stay away from the Red Hook section, it was bad when we were growing up!". I do not always listen to my parents!

I found my way there....just off the Battery Park Tunnel entrance in BKLYN. Awesome!!

The sandwiches are great, the staff is very nice, Larry was very nice to my daughter, and the mozzarella is fantastic.

I had the chicken parm with sweet peppers. I sat in my car in front of the restaurant eating this heavenly beast. My wife was watching me eat, and she knew THAT LOOK on my face like I was in love with the sandwich; my eyeballs rolling back in my head like a shark in a feeding frenzy.