“Quality Comfort Food, Reasonable Price”
Review of Schnippers

Schnippers
Ranked #447 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: In case you’re not one of the millions of people that pass by our Times Square location daily, we’re easy to get to by almost every means of transport known to mankind. And bring the kids — they’ll love it. PS: We like lines as much as the next guy — but we’re constantly trying to make ours as short as possible. Like everyone else in this crazy city you’re probably in a rush — shorter lines mean you have more time to enjoy your food.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My family and I ate here twice on a recent visit to NYC. It is conveniently located in the NYTimes building on 8th avenue, just across from the port authority bus terminal. We dined on both occasions in the evening between 5 and 7pm. One of the nice things about coming here was that it was just far enough from the mayhem of Times Square in the summer to a) not be busy and b) not be outrageously overpriced. I'd also like to point out that we walked by the restaurant on a weekday at lunch and the line was 20 people deep.

We had a number of menu items, but the best of the lot were the grilled cheese and the fish tacos. The sloppy joe was tasty, but didn't do much more than recall memories of eating at my high school cafeteria 30+ years ago.

There are newer reviews for Schnippers

Reviewed July 28, 2014

If you are looking for a step up from fast food - this is it. Great, unique menu with lots of options and variety. Something for everyone from non-adventurous kids to adults that want to try something unique. The price of the shakes was a little bit obnoxious but they were good.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

As with many places in NY - huge portions which go to waste. However the food was delicious, the staff friendly and the prices were reasonable. We went back.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Food was good. Service was good and made for a quick dinner when you didn't want to wait in long lines at other places. Had a nice selection of menu items...sloppy joe was very good! Nice outdoor eating area to soak up the sounds of NYC.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Two years ago we ate here and I was looking forward to have their blue cheese hamburger. I was very disappointed with our visit this time. My son ordered a Mahi Mahi salad that was fish only in the name, as there was next to no tuna. My blue cheese hamburger was burned and it was not medium rare as I ordered. Two years ago we felt that they were great, but something changed this time around. Before the same person that took your order would bring your food and look after how you were doing making you feel very welcome. Maybe trying to reduce their cost they changed the system as now it is more fast food than restaurant, too bad because it was a great place.