“Perfect Place to Enjoy NYC!”
Review of The West Townhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The West Townhouse
Reviewed October 24, 2011

As an ex-New Yorker, who still loves New York, staying here was glorious! Right in my old 'hood, of the Upper West Side, and within a block of a great yoga place, I couldn't have been happier. The darling couple who own this brownstone, have turned apartments into long-stay rentals, and it's great. Full kitchen, nice bathroom, lots of space. Elegant, classy and clean. I stayed in the basement front, and maybe next time I'll choose a back unit... not quite so close to the street. It is after all, Manhattan! And it's a busy. But if you need quiet, go to Yosemite, yes? Close to Central Park, I've enjoyed the October weather and walked to the Met, and Museum of NY City - And that's what NY is to me... walking a being with my fellow New Yorkers! Nothing more entertaining!

Room Tip: I think the ones in the back and higher up?
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank Stephanie R

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My boyfriend I I spent an amazing 7 night at the West Townhouse and I can safely say that you will not find a better place to stay in New York. We stayed in Suit 2 which with it wrought iron bed, full sized kitchen and adorable living area with fresh cut flowers and fresh fruit made us fell completely at home. The building is in a beautiful tree lined street on the upper west side, within close walking distance to central park, great restaurants and great shops. Larry and Monica made the booking process easy and Larry organised airport transfers for us and met us at the front door to welcome us. He has a wealth of knowledge about the local area and was happy to point us in the right direction. I will be returning to this great townhouse next time I am in NYC and would recommend to anyone you is looking for self catering accommodation. What a PERFECT place to stay

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ali S
Reviewed May 21, 2011

My partner and I spent four nights at The West Townhouse in March to run the New York Half Marathon. The apartment was great - quiet, well-equipped, nicely decorated and very clean. It is located in a very safe area with plenty of facilities in close proximity, including Central Park, which was perfect for running and for the start of the NY Half! It was lovely coming back to this area after visiting the more frenetic central parts of New York as it felt like an oasis of calm but still full of character. Would not hesitate to recommend and could not imagine staying anywhere else in NY that would be as nice!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katieg190
Reviewed October 1, 2010

We have stayed in many B&B's and self-catering apartments in many countries, and this is one of the good ones. We stayed in 4F, a big, bright, nicely decorated room with exposed brick walls, personal touches (like the orchid on the dresser), high ceilings and windows on the street. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom sparkling clean, with white subway tiles, and high quality fixtures. The kitchen allowed us to have breakfast "at home" and some dinners as well.

Great tourist location ... Central Park and the Museum of Natural History (a must-see) are a few blocks away. The subway is a short walk away, and gets you to Times Square and all other points of interest in minutes . At the same time, this is a family neighborhood with a good mix of delis, grocery stores and restaurants, providing a respite from the tourist clamour and a good place to relax at the end of the day. Try Celeste Restaurant, a block south on Amsterdam, for great Italian food ... we went there twice in one week.

If you are self-sufficient, like B&B's and the experience of living like the locals, this place is for you. It provides excellent value for the budget conscious traveller. If you need bellhops, someone to make the bed and clean towels every day, it's not ... go to a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank seeingtheworld08
Reviewed July 22, 2010

My wife, son and I just returned from a vacation in NYC, and we had the pleasure of residing at West Townhouse for one week of it. Suite 4R provided us a comfortable retreat from the busy streets of midtown when a rest was deemed necessary. The neighbourhood of West Townhouse is what struck us most in that it felt like a community onto itself, offering everything one would want including eclectic dining, delis (check out Zabar's), shopping, pubs, people watching and almost immediate access to the subway (#1 line will take you right to Staten Island ferry, and numerous points between). Monica and Larry are very attentive and accessible hosts. Thanks so much for helping to make our vacation to NYC a grand experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Zeebo1
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Our fourth visit to NYC and the best because apartment living just allowed us to feel part of the neighbourhood. The suite we were in was perfect in every way ... a comfortable bed, no traffic noise at night, kitchen, and easy access to shops just steps away on Amsterdam. It was so nice to return "home" after a busy day, and the fruit and flowers, proof of Monica's care and attention to details, were such a welcoming touch that you don't get in hotels. We would not consider staying elsewhere on our next visit to NYC. If you have ever wondered what it would be like to live in Manhattan, The West Townhouse would give you a very positive experience.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank artlover0346
Reviewed May 21, 2010

We were the first to stay in Monica and larry's new apartment and it was really nice - I mean really nice. The location is very good with a pleasant stroll across Central Park to the Metropolitan Museum etc (and a handy bus for the not so good weather). Lots of nice restaurants within easy walking distance to choose from. Neighborhood has a friendly feel about it. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple