“Reviews are spot on” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Breslin
Ranked #1,079 of 13,488 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Montclair, NJ
“Reviews are spot on”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stopped here on a Friday night. Place was packed and the wait for a table was 2 hours. Nonetheless made it to the bar, quickly scored 2 barstools and, mid - 2nd drink opted to eat at the bar. Zak was our bartender, seemed exceptionally serious at first but proved to be a friendly and knowledgable mixologist. Went with the oysters and a couple of lamb burgers. Wonderful experience chatting with John, a new friend from London. Left satiated and smiling before our "table" was ready.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank RFM3

• Finnish first
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lamb burgers, rib steak, oh my”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of the best restaurants in NYC...the lamb burger is out-of-this world! The steak rules too. Totally worth it!

Visited October 2013
NYC
“Great food crap service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

The food was great but the service slow, surly and rather officious. I arrived late sunday night and asked for a table for two – my companion was upstairs in the hotel freshening up. The restaurant was empty but I was refused a table until my companion arrived...

The waiter was totally inattentive and disappeared after we had been served....

The (maybe too young?) hipster staff hung out at the bar chatting totally ignoring the guests.

I won't be eating there again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Lamb Burger is outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

The burger was soooo good I had to have it for lunch and dinner!

Service can be a bit slow and I had to ask for ketchup from three different people before I got it which was the only thing that I wasn't pleased about.

Visited October 2013
New Delhi, India
“Something a little different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went with local friends, with the promise of the best lamb burger in the city. Three of us were not disappointed - it is an amazing burger! My better half went with the pork belly (something we don't get much of where we work). Maybe it was just the craving for pork, maybe not, but he says it was some of the best pork belly he's had ever. He wants to go back with a larger party next time and see about the whole piglet served tableside. Recommend trying the fried peanuts.

• Visited September 2013