Just came back from staying here for a total of 10 nights. A large group of us booked here and because we were all leaving at different times and to save on accommodation costs we booked various combination's, for example we had a booking for a queen first 4 nights, a twin next 4 nights then a king last 2 nights.
• The customer service was exceptional. Because of our group numbers and numerous bookings it was at times confusing but the staff we on the ball and never gave us an impression our requests were too difficult. Even the cleaners on the floor very polite, approachable and said hi to you whenever they saw guests. There was a note from the hotel manager upon arrival stating they take comments seriously and welcomes feedback and aims to improve on any suggestions. One night we were trying to arrange dinner for our party and although they don’t have a concierge the lady at the front desk was more than willing to help me out on securing a reservation. We also approached staff for their recommendations on places to go out at night and again we found the staff were really friendly and willing to provide their personal opinion on local places to check out. One day it was raining and noticed there were no umbrellas left i asked one of the staff if there were any more umbrellas left he went to the back and said no but offered his own umbrella to use for the day – I was very impressed.
• This whole hotel is recently renovated. I can tell even the carpet is new you can feel it upon touch, the bathroom tiles are still white and no mould, furnishings are new, fit outs are modern with massive flat screen tv with ipod docking station.
• Rooms were relatively big for a NYC room. We’ve been to NYC before and have stayed in a smaller room.
• Subway is 100m from the hotel and bus port is right next door
• Hotel rooms are really quiet and blocks out all light if curtains are closed.
• Free wifi if you have wifi compatible PC’s
• Rooms had a safe for valuables, desk, small wardrobe, king rooms had drawer and side tables for storage.
• Free news paper delivered to your door every morning, weather forecast postcard with chocolates were left in our room every evening.
• Hotel price is okay, we did book online and paid in advance so room price was decent.
• The street hotel is located is a little sketchy but I think cause there’s 3 other hotels and all next to each other the amount of tourist that go by it makes the area seem safer. Plus the bus terminal is right next door so area does experience large traffic of people.
• Lighting was pretty poor. The only lights in the room were 1 or 2 side lamps, a desk lamp and one in the hall way, this made it hard when you needed a bright light to look for something.
• The air conditioning control was a little bit confusing to work out.
• I think the sheets aren’t 100% cotton because we all found we would be sweating under the sheets in the night and had to turn up the air conditioning.
Overall we were very happy with our stay here. I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for a clean and modern hotel and close to public transport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening to rave reviews in early 2010, Distrikt Hotel New York City - is a one of a kind, upscale boutique hotel, located in the heart of the Midtown West, Times Square area. The Distrikt hotel towers 32 stories tall and offers guests a unique experience with the concept of staying in one of ten neighborhoods of Manhattan within the hotel. Our exceptional hospitality and customer service has launched Distrikt to be one of the highest rated hotels in New York City. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Distrikt Hotel New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.