6,390 results
All reviews port authority parole office times square new york great hotel bus station hell's kitchen hudson river good size free wifi our honeymoon stayed here for nights coffee machine small hotel central location higher floor around the corner
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Located just across from the port authority bus terminal, the hotel is centrally
Located. Easily accessible to all parts of manhattan. Great clean and modern rooms at a great price and the service is exceptional.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2020

We have stayed at the Distrikt many times over the past five years and have enjoyed each visit. We've just returned home from a three day stay which was delightful. It's easy to get to whether you drive or take the train. It's an easy walk to both Grand Central and Penn Station. When we drive, we park across the street at the port authority. There's a side entrance to the Port Authority right across from the hotel which is very handy. The hotel is small and charming with only four rooms on each floor. I would recommend an upper floor to have the best views. The bar (cocktails and breakfast) is small and cozy with tables and chairs but also sofas and comfy chairs. The rooms are well designed to optimize the space and are more than adequate space-wise. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and well stocked with towels and shower supplies. It is within walking distance of so many places we like: Times Square, the Theater District, Central Park, Bryant Park, Rockefeller Center, jazz clubs, etc. And you won't find friendlier staff anywhere. They are friendly and lots of fun, too!

Room tip: Upper floors but we don't spend a lot of time looking out the window!
2  Thank walkinvirginia
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 nights during NYE. Let me start by saying the location is great and the room looks nice. That’s really all Distrikt has to offer.

The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything in the hallway... even your upstairs neighbor cough! The bar is not a real bar, they only have a few items and can’t even make a margarita. The food is prepared in a microwave and I highly recommend not eating there under any circumstances.

On my last night at Distrikt, I went to the front desk and requested a late check out. I was told I could check out at 1pm instead of 12pm. However, at 12:05pm, I received a call from the girl at the front desk and she was apparently in a horrible mood. She accused me of “making up my own rules” and said “I need you to leave NOW!” I’m a gold member with Hilton Honors and I know how late checkout works. Anyway, I left and on my way out the girl pointed at me while talking to another co-worker.

All in all, this is the worst hotel I have stayed at. If you read the manager’s response to all the reviews on here, you’ll see every response is exactly the same. That should serve as a preview as to how this hotel operates. Hospitality doesn’t exist and you are simply another tourist in their eyes.

Never again, Distrikt.

Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank TravelingRight2U
Ashley A, Guest Relations Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Dear TravelingRight2U, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to New York City! We are disappointed and sorry to hear about your experience. We take all of our guest's comments seriously and we will review your experience with our management team. We will use each of your feedback points to ensure that every one of our future guests does not share the same service issues you experienced. We would appreciate if would be so kind as to send a note to us directly, we would be most appreciative, so we may speak with you further on how we can make it right.

Reviewed January 7, 2020

I booked this room last minute and received a great rate. The Rooms are on the smaller side, so probably best for a solo traveler. The midtown location is great -- just a short walk from Times Square and close to various subway stations.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2020

Staff was very friendly and upgraded me (unprompted) for free to accommodate my early arrival/check in. The check in/out process was seamless and although a $25 "urban activity" fee was added to the cost of my room, there was complimentary wifi and a drink (alcoholic or nonalcoholic) included.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends