“An inviting, contemporary hotel with wonderful staff in a great location!”

Distrikt Hotel New York City
Ranked #66 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We stayed at the Distrikt during our first trip to New York City. The Distrikt is in an excellent location in the heart of Manhattan, mere steps from the subway and bus terminal. Yet amid the hustle bustle of Midtown and nearby Times Square, the Distrikt was still a quiet, relaxing respite after a long day of exploring the city. The first thing I noticed about the hotel was its modern, contemporary design. The “Distrikt” theme of the hotel is creative and elegantly executed throughout the hotel. The lobby is airy and welcoming, and it felt nice to arrive “home” after a day of sightseeing, collapse in the chair, and have some complimentary iced tea. Then we took advantage of the computer stations in the lobby to research what to do next in the city. Getting to our room, we noticed the added security of needing a key card to use the elevator. Our 30th Floor room was stylish, quiet, and well-appointed, complete with a spectacular view of the Hudson River and the Empire State Building. We also appreciated the little added touches, such as chocolates, weather forecast cards, and the daily New York Times. Most importantly, the front desk staff members are all very friendly and helpful, which adds to the intimate feel of the Distrikt. I was very happy with this hotel and have no complaints about it. I am so happy that I won’t have to worry about researching hotels next time I go to NYC. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New York City.

1  Thank pdpod24
Write a ReviewReviews (5,661)

Reviewed July 21, 2010

I arrived athe the hotel and was greated by smiles and iced tea, perfect on a hot summer day. I immediately noticed that New York City was the them of the Distrikt, with a beautiful carving of the city streets and skyline into the wood wall behind the desk. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Frank, the bell man, and Linda in their Collage Bistro, went out of their way to accomodate us. Linda fulfilled our special order requests with pleasure and was happy to let us sample a wine before ordering. Her personality fit right in, bubbly and happy. The food was delicious and fresh. Frank was also one of the best concierge people we met in the city, giving us the fastest ways to get from point A to point B, great restaurant recommendations and sigtseeing must dos. For great Thai food, go to Room Service on 9th Ave and 38th ST. Awesome food and atmosphere at a great price. Also, Fort Tryon and the Cloisters are a great day trip.
The rooms are spacious, I stayed with a friend and there was plenty of room for both of us. The hotel is new so the rooms were impecably clean. I must say, I have slept in many hotel beds, and in some of the finest hotels in the country, but the bed, pillows and linens at the Distrikt were by far the most comfortable ever! The rooms are specially designed to be sound proof so there was no noise from the city streets that never sleep.
The hotel is very conveniently located. The subway and bus terminal are at the corner. In addition to the hotel restaurant which has excellent food, there are many greatrestaurants of all types located right around the corner on 9th Ave.
Hats off to the Distrikt, their staff for making our stay memorable and comfortable. I highly recommend the Distrikt

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank TheTravelDudette
Reviewed July 19, 2010

A fantastic experience! Four people, one room at this boutique hotel, and we still did very well! Very comfortable beds, huge walk-in shower, wide screen TV and dead silence at night. The star of the show is really the staff, though -- you are treated with kindness and attention on a par with a five-star hotel at three-star prices, including bed turn-down and the weather for the next day. We can't wait to go back but we're afraid if too many people know about the property, they'll be too booked to be able to accommodate us again! One-day pass to a nearby fitness center is included, and coffee in the morning and iced tea in the lobby in the afternoon, as well as The New York Times delivered to your door. Room service is in the plans for the near future. The lap of luxury!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank poitiers75
Reviewed July 19, 2010

The Distrikt is an awesome hotel in a great location. My family stayed here for 5 nights while taking in all the sites of the city. Our room was a nice size and extremely clean and quiet.. The showers had very good pressure and temperature. The beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows. The hotel is within walking distance to many of the main locations. There is a subway close by or else you can catch a cab easily outside the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I can't say enough nice things about this hotel! I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Catgoo66
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We cannot say enough good things about the Distrikt Hotel. We stayed there for our 40th anniversary celebration in New York. The hotel is small...but the rooms are good sized, especially for New York. The staff was incredible...helpful, knowledgable and friendly. The hotel is across the street from the Port Authority Bus Terminal and just half a block from the entrance to the subway (be prepared for a long walk once you get underground). We'll happily stay at the Distrikt in the future!

1  Thank TRTuscaloosa
Reviewed July 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Distrikt four nights this past week and really liked it. I made sure to request a higher floor to make sure we had quiet, and we never noticed the traffic noise (we were on the 21st floor). I loved walking into the cool lobby after a long day of sightseeing, and having the folks at the desk greet us and make sure we had everything we needed. The rooms aren't huge, but they offered sufficient space for us, with very comfy beds. I like the little card they put on our bed (along with two dark chocolates) with the next day's forecast. We were just a few minutes from the Port Authority subway stop, a couple more minutes from the Times Square stop, where you can connect to pretty much any subway. A lovely urban retreat amidst the midtown bustle. We'd definitely stay here again.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

I was so impressed with this lovely little hotel right in the heart of Manhattan, that I wrote a full-blown review. I'm not sure if they will allow me to post the link, but it's on the International Press Assoc. home page right now. The link is http://internationalpress.com/index.php?file=detail_articles&featuredarticle_id=896. Would I stay again? In a New York minute. Impeccably clean, fantastic service, and at a price that I just didn't think was possible in NYC. Give them a call, you won't be sorry.