Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Get rewarded with One Key
6,528 results
All reviews port authority times square new york great hotel bus station never felt unsafe stayed here for nights coffee machine central location higher floor the empire state building two blocks rooms are small lobby nyc hells district
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2019

I booked this place for my one night in Manhattan. I must believe that at the price point, one could do much better. The wallpaper is coming of the walls, there are holes in the furniture and I found pubic hair in my shower as soon as I arrived. I went to the lackluster bar area where there was a bartender. He didn’t bother to acknowledge me or anyone else that walked into the place. He only spoke if spoken to and had no personality. When I asked about one of the 3 drinks written on the giant specials board facing the bar, he said that he had no idea what i was talking about and had never taken notice to the “spiked hot chocolate” on the menu. I ordered some tots and was ready to see the town in my new white dress. When i opened the warm ketchup bottle he had given me, it spewed all over said white dress and boiled up to the top like a volcano. Although he was standing there, After receiving no reaction, I told him what had happed and he simply took the bad bottle and opened a new one. No apologies or offers to give me something to wipe myself off with, nothing. I myself tend bar and am very aware of how I treat and talk to others in the industry. I had done nothing to warrant this treatment or apathy. The next day, I called in and discussed this with the management and have received no response.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Melissa W
Ashley A, Guest Relations Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Melissa W, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us. We will address your experience with our team in order to improve the perception of our service. We have also notified our housekeeping department regarding your experience, as every room is to be cleaned and refreshed properly. We deeply regret these challenges, and are working to better address these difficulties moving forward. We hope for the chance to leave you with a more positive impression in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2019 via mobile

Well the place looks amazing online however it needs some attention.

Small room like most hotels in NYC. Some items for improvement:

Glass shower door cracked
Plastic water guard broken so water all over the floor when showering.
Holes in walls (old electrical outlet) covered with patches of wallpaper.
Large section of leather headboard torn or burned. Poor attempt to patch
Desk chair torn

Staff were friendly and helpful and this could be a decent hotel with sone TLC.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Garry H

Garry , thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. I am pleased that you were happy with the service received from our staff. I apologize however, that other aspects did not meet your expectations. Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate department managers and we are certainly working on improving our product. We hope you will provide us with that opportunity in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2019

Walking distance to most theatres and Times Square, Port Authority, and several restaurants. Rooms are quite comfortable, beds and bedding are great, thermostats are easy to operate. A couple of furnishings were a little shabby and it's very close to a not-so-nice neighborhood but we had no problems in 2 stays at this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tapestry Collection by Hilton
2  Thank JanCordova11
Reviewed August 15, 2019

The Distrikt is a hip hotel in the center of midtown, nice rooms. What set this hotel apart for me was the customer service, especially from front desk person Juliana. She gave us hospitality that went above and beyond, looking after every detail and jumping in to help when we were in a pinch. She was incredible and made our stay at the Distrikt memorable.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tapestry Collection by Hilton
1  Thank esthersullivan
Ashley A, Guest Relations Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are thrilled to know that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. We will certainly let our team member know about your kind comments and appreciation. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome back to our hotel soon, whenever your travels brings you to the area!

Reviewed August 14, 2019

First visited this hotel in 2012 and it was excellent 5 star review. Noticed it has changed to Hilton Tapestry and it is not a change for the better. On arrival one of the lifts was out necessitating a 15 min wait for ourselves and others who had checked in.Although next to reception no member of staff apologized or offered an explanation until asked.

Very little money seems to be spent on maintenance room clean but tired,crack in outer double glazing panel in room, cuts in headboard of bed,wardrobe door that didn't close

Staff all very young interpersonal skills not great. Inexperienced bar tender all doubtless employed to save paying the wages of older more experienced staff.

On the plus side the hotel is well located for what you want to see in Manhattan.
Basically there are now better hotels than this for the money. Disappointing.

Room tip: Higher floor the better to avoid street noise.
Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank RichardS119
Ashley A, Guest Relations Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2019

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear about your experience during your time with us. Please be assured that this is uncharacteristic of our typical level of hospitality and we will discuss your experience with our team, so we may prevent future recurrences of this nature. Thank you again for your taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. We hope that you'll give us another opportunity to welcome you back to make things right.