Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Get rewarded with One Key
6,528 results
All reviews port authority times square new york great hotel bus station never felt unsafe stayed here for nights coffee machine central location higher floor the empire state building two blocks rooms are small lobby nyc hells district
Selected filters
Reviewed July 10, 2019

Here's the bottom line: this hotel charges a mandatory $25 "urban destination fee" per room per night. It includes the Internet, among other things like 2 drinks.

Here's why I'm infuriated by it: all the descriptions related to this hotel says the Internet is free. Indeed as I write this, on Trip Advisor under "Property Amenities" it says "Free High Speed Internet (WiFi)". Under Booking.com, which I used, the very first phrase in the very first line says "Offering Free WiFi..." (yes, "Free" is capitalized).

Maybe in the US it's legal or normal to label something "free" and then charge a mandatory fee that covers it but I still find it extremely mis-leading. It's not the cost I object to, it's the deception. Just my opinion.

2  Thank cmmi19
Ashley A, Guest Relations Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2019

We appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We are sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. The details of the mandatory fee is listed an abundance of times on all booking sites. We work diligently to ascertain our guest’s are plenary vigilant of all details on all booking sites, especially those of the Urban Fee. We appreciate the opportunity to address the matter. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed July 9, 2019

We chose this hotel because it was part of the Hilton collection, it was close to Times Square, within walking distance of the MET, and was a decent price. The rooms were nice and clean. The bed was comfy. It was over 90 degrees outside during our stay and the AC in the room was a nice escape. The front desk staff was helpful answering our questions about getting around the city. The coffee shop has great coffee and drinks! We liked the bloody Mary, mimosa, and iced Americano. They give you a coupon for one free drink each day which you can use for coffee or booze.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank phil1986a
Ashley A, Guest Relations Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled to learn you had such a pleasant visit with us during your visit to New York City. We certainly hope to be able to welcome you back during your future visits to NYC.

Reviewed July 9, 2019

The room was just the right size for the amount of time we spent in it and the hotel was located in a convenient area-easy walking distance to all the attractions midtown has to offer. Clean; neat little bar/cafe; helpful, friendly staff. Would definitely go back

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Tapestry Collection by Hilton
2  Thank dgamez2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your visit to New York City. We look forward to welcoming you back during your future visit to New York!

Reviewed July 8, 2019

A few years ago I stayed here a few times and loved it. We had great rooms and the staff was extra friendly and nice and the place was spotless. So finally I make it there again, very much looking forward to it but what a change there has been. We were put in room 1004 and right away I asked to be moved but the hotel was full ( I understand that, it was Pride weekend) but I was miserable there. The room was very dark, very bad lighting and even if you opened the blinds, there is just another house there so very little light coming in. The carpet was filthy, the soles of my feet showed that. And it was a very musty smell in the room. There were no decorations nor anything else in the room really. Just a very uncomfortable bed. No mini bar to keep anything cold and just plastic cups to drink out of. One small bottle of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, very cheap products. The shower was moldy, the backrest of the bed was worn and torn with big patches ripped. Door frames scruffy and dirty, one robe for two people. They only have two lifts for a 32 story building and one of them was out of work most of the time. Terrible noise that woke us up every night and every day, needs more insulation so dont ever stay that low. They promise you two drink vouchers a day but it works so you have to ask for them every day. So first day we seem to have arrived too late and the bar was closed. Next day, the bar was closed anyway. Third day I got them. Forth day we were checking out so we did not get them. In my mind, I should have gotten 8 on arrival for the 4 nights we stayed to be used when I wanted to. They also should not charge extra for cocktails. Before, they had great front desk staff, this time, they all seemed very bored and certainly not interested in me. Yes, the area has a lot of drunks/druggies but I knew that but it makes me sad to see how downhill this hotel has gone, certainly not worth the money they charge and it surprised me greatly to have to pay $114 for taxes, that is the fault of my booking site tho, this really was more of a motel than a hotel. Will certainly not stay there again, plenty of other good hotels in the city for the same price or lower. Dear Distrikt, you could be a cool hotel again, please try and work on it.

1  Thank lisa026
Ashley A, Guest Relations Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience at our hotel. It is extremely disheartening and disappointing that we did not exceed your expectations. Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate department managers and we will certainly improve our product and service. I hope you give us another opportunity to provide you with the excellent service you have come to expect.

Reviewed July 7, 2019

I chose the Distrikt Hotel because it is a part of the Hilton collection. It has a small exterior next to other "named" hotels and the lobby is small. The rooms are what you would expect from a Hilton. It is very clean and quiet. You are in the middle of the theater district and can walk around to see so many things. I would recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Tapestry Collection by Hilton
2  Thank Kanelson04
Ashley A, Guest Relations Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly hope that you will choose us again during your future visits to NYC.