“Update: Still my favorite NYC hotel”

Distrikt Hotel New York City
Ranked #64 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Update: Still my favorite NYC hotel”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

You know a hotel gets it right when you are trying hard to think of one thing to criticize for your review, but you are struggling. OK - one thing. The in room wifi is not good enough for streaming video. In this day and age, it's hard to believe good hotels still have bad internet. But I don't go to NY for business, so I can live with that. I can't put my finger on why I like the Distrikt so much. My husband and I have stayed there many times now, and each time is better than the last. The staff is friendly. The rooms are tastefully decorated. And the Distrikt has the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in away from my home. I love the location which is convenient to Broadway, Hell's Kitchen, and the subway. Did I mention the comfortable beds? I think it is worth repeating. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tarheeldeb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,040)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The Distrikt hotel is a nice hotel. The rooms are of a correct size and well decorated. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. We didn't like the location of the hotel. The hotel is very well located for all the sightseeing (such as Times square etc) but it is near a big bus and metro terminal so the environment of the hotel is very dirty and noisy. But for new york the price/quality of the rooms was correct.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Charline H
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. It is close to a good metro station for exploring the city and also close to the Times Square. Going in the other direction the neigbourhood was a bit shady and there was nothing to see. Would go again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Athens
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We chose this hotel based on trip advisor reviews. We were not let down! This was my third time in NYC and the best! We stayed for 10 nights last October. The hotel was beautiful and modern, the rooms big for NYC, nicely decorated and very clean. The location very central yet it was quiet. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. They did everything to make our stay perfect! Advice: get a room at the top floors! It's more pricey but the views over Times Square and the Hudson will pay back!!

Room Tip: Top floors!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Zefi18
California
Reviewed August 1, 2014

As always, the reviewers of Tripadvisor.com did not fail me. My BFF and I decided to go to NYC for our 30th birthday in August-Sept. I came on here, like I always do whenever I'm planning a trip and found this cute boutique hotel.

When we arrived in NYC, it was not difficult to find the hotel. It was tightly snugged between other big name hotels but it was very visable. The hotel reception area was small but they had snacks and drinks for guests. The hotel rooms were very big for the price. It was clean and well kept and being that I have hotelpobia, this is not a lie. During reservation I had noted that my BFF and I were celebrating our birthdays so teh staff left behind cupcakes, chocolates and cards to wish us a happy birthday. THAT was awesome!

The hotels proximity to everything is ideal. I love to travel to big cities and always make sure to stay at the heart of everything. The hotel is right across from a subway terminal and within walking distance to time square.

I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank type_r_ladee
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed August 1, 2014

LOVE the hotel and LOVE the staff. All were fantastic. You could see the teamwork and collaboration in every member of the team, and all were super friendly and hospitable. Overall our 9-day visit was an absolute pleasure. The location was very easy for both foot and metro and, although there are some sleazy establishments nearby they were easily avoided by crossing the street (and let's face it, that type of establishment is found throughout all of New York). My teenage daughter and I never felt uncomfortable, but wanted to raise as other reviewers had mentioned. The hotel was very clean, beds and linens very comfortable, and enjoyed the in-room coffee pod machine. I have touted the hotel and sung its praises to everyone since my return. What a beautifully managed, fantastic hotel. We most definitely plan to return.

Room Tip: Some windows opened, some didn't. If that matters to you (as it does to me), be sure to inquire.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank joy_and_faith
Frederick, Colorado
Reviewed August 1, 2014

What a great hotel by the Ascend group. This boutique hotel is located in the garment district across from the Port Authority Bus Terminal, near two other name brand hotels by Marriott and Hilton.

Staff at the Distrikt are friendly and helpful in every way. Small and quaint, it definitely is with the price. As with another large Hotel we stayed at this week, we were offered in-room coffee, chocolates, and free wi-if here. Catch a subway near by to travel north or south on the island or walk to nearby Times Square and even Central Park.

Room Tip: Backside rooms are a bit quieter than being on the street side
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple