“Loved the Distrikt”

Distrikt Hotel New York City
Ranked #65 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My sister and I stayed at this small but amazing hotel for 13 nights in a deluxe twin room on the 28th floor. We had a view across the Port Authority, we could see the Hudson River, the New York Times building and a general view across the uptown side of the city.

What can I say that hasn't been said before, I am very fussy when it comes to hotel cleanliness; it is the one thing that will make or break my holiday. Well I was very surprised at how clean and updated everything was. Loved the bathroom, small but perfectly fitted out. The large shower and the water pressure, wish I could've taken it home with me! )For any Australian girls reading this, your GHD or Cloud 9 hair straightners will work here - new wiring).Overall the room was a decent size for New York standards - possibly the smallest I have ever stayed in though.

I do have a couple of negatives - no fridge for personal things like water, milk, drinks, medications etc, they will give you a small novelty fridge which will hold two bottles of small water! Not great during the hot months and the wardrobe space, wow for two girls, what can I say....fail! BUT that's all the negatives! Not bad for me :-)

The area was New York to me, there is a parole office down the street, the only reason I knew this was reading other reviews on this site, otherwise I wouldn't have known! We walked around at all hours of the day and night and never felt unsafe anywhere. This city never sleeps!!

The outstanding staff make this hotel what it is - Neesha, Tsering, Manny and Dennis, were outstanding, thanks guys for making us feel welcome and like family!

I could go on and on and on but I won't, do yourself a favour and give this boutique style hotel a go, you won't be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher floor will have a better view....
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashjay40
Write a ReviewReviews (5,657)

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Arrived to find a small room, we just fitted in, but the views were great and the location good, the air con wasn't good, we were always hot, but ignore this all, we had a great holiday, the front staff were great, full of help and always helpful. Would come back again

Room Tip: High floors are the best
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stated here with my wife, parents and toddler last year and should really have posted a review before now. The staff were incredibly friendly, breakfast was great and the rooms were top notch. The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of everything we wanted to see in Manhattan. Some people have criticized the street the hotel is located on as being a little run down and even seedy but we all felt comfortable enough and were never approached by anybody. There's a CVS pharmacy at the end of the street which is handy particularly when you're traveling with a toddler. Overall, this is fantastic value for New York and because of the friendliness of the staff alone is highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed here for 13 nights in July. Quick easy check in. Our room was on the 20th floor, bit smaller than what I am used to but I am told they are larger rooms for New York, this was no problem though. Room spotless and cleaned daily to the same standard, the chocolates and weather care for the next day were a nice touch. Coffee machine in room but no fridge, we asked for a fridge at reception and it was brought to our room within 5 minutes. The staff at this hotel were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The cold drinks dispenser in the lobby was also a great touch, there were also 2 computers in the lobby for guests to use and free wifi throughout the hotel. It was my husbands birthday and our wedding anniversary while we were away and a card and cheesecake was left in our room which was lovely.

The hotel is close to Times Square, the port authority bus terminal is across the road and subway stations at the top of the street so we had easy access to everywhere.

We had no problems during our stay. This was my first trip to NYC, I fell in love with the city so will be returning and will happily stay at the Distrikt Hotel on our next visit.

Room Tip: Choose a high room for a better view
1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed there for 5 nights in July. The location is perfect near Times Square, Broadway and all the other main attractions. The rooms are very nice and clean. The best part of the hotel is the front desk - they're all very helpful and welcoming.

Would recommend this to everyone travelling to NYC.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

While this hotel was close to my office, in an ok part of town, it definitely under serves business travelers.

The rooms are nice, big for NYC and the hotel is modern.

There is no business center however and the two computers they have up front are merely for browsing the web and did not have any Office software so when I needed to print something for a meeting I was having the next day I was unable to. Not to mention the printer is in the hotel office and not accessible to guests.

I typically stay at a Marriott and the level of service I get there is superior. That's not to say the service here was poor, it was quite good, but for a business traveler who has more urgent needs - this place didn't cut it.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for a leisurely trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed five nights here. It is in the theatre district and close to everything. We were on the 24th floor so it was quiet and the views were fairly good. Concierge was very helpful as was the staff. Our only complaint was having to ask for ice and having to ask to have the room made up on the first day. We returned to our room at 3 pm and it was not made up. We were told to ask to have it made up every day so we did. The room was clean and good sized for NY standards. Yes, I would stay there again.