Distrikt Hotel New York City
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$169
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
$389
$314
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$134
$165
$135
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$235
$219
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$155
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$308
$203
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$283
$100
  • Breakfast included
5,810 results
All reviewsport authorityparole officetimes squarenew yorkgreat hotelbus stationhell's kitchenhudson riverlittle touchesgood sizefree wifiour honeymooncoffee machineturn down servicecentral locationsmall hotelhigher floor
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Having been fortunate enough to stay at some of the best (read priciest) hotels in NYC, and settled into a routine by always staying at one of the Grand Dames, we were wondering how foolish it was to be always spending >$1000 a night, and what can a more modest budget get us. We would pick 3 hotels under $500 and see how the experience compares. At the Distrikt, for $300 a night, we got the best service of any hotel after travelling to this fair city for 20 years. It was like staying at an old friend's place. The rooms are perfectly good for the price. But the two things I appreciated the most 1) I turn up sheepishly having made the wrong reservation. I needed two beds but knew they were fully booked and that our room was too small for a roll out. I mentioned this, and the girl at reception very pleasantly went off to see what she could do, which was a complimentary room upgrade, with two big beds and the loveliest views... 2) Much later that night, I went down to reception for directions to a cafe for a nice cup of tea, and the person I spoke to told me my options but then offers "..but I can make you a cup of tea" - Really? "...but that is *so* thoughtful I say, can you charge it to my room. "...OH don't worry, no charge". It was like he was my friend and we wandered off to make tea, chatted a while and he made the perfect cup. I almost don't want to relate this anecdote incase everyone who comes here expects free tea. I think he saw the crazed "I need tea" look and figured it was the merciful thing to do. It was such a small thing, but was emblematic of the entire stay. In the frenetic pace of the city, where ultimately everything is a transaction, here we found that most elusive of things: genuine, old-fashioned hospitality. The staff here are all exceptional, I thank them and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
26  Thank WanderingWomble
gmdistrikt, General Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

If a review could define why I practically run to work every morning, then yours does exactly that. I cannot thank you enough for recognizing the team's indefatigable service and the culture that we hope everyone experiences at Distrikt. We thank you for entrusting your stay with us and for promising to return.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Boutique hotel 2 short blocks from Times Square, it is right across from the Port Authority Terminal where you can get buses and the subway plus alot of dinning choices. The size of the rooms are standard NYC size, small but comfortable, the bedding and decor is fantastic, modern and the beds are extremely comfortable. Welcome treat and the nightly turn down service are the extras I don't expect, but add immensely to the experience Distrikt Hotel provides.
This is the 2nd time I have stayed here and wouldn't change my accommodation choice for New York at all.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank gEmZo1

We thank you for returning to us and for your lovely review of Distrikt. We couldn't ask for more than your promise to return again, and are immensely grateful for it.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We loved this hotel. My 13 year old daughter said the staff felt like friends - they seemed genuinely interested in guests as individuals. The location was perfect and the hotel itself was first class. Definitely hope to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank nolanfamily17
gmdistrikt, General Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Your daughter's words are the epitome of what we strive for at Distrikt. Thank you so much for sharing with the TripAdvisor community and allow us to hope for your return as well.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Distrikt as part of our honeymoon and we cannot speak highly enough of the hotel and the staff. Everything was just fantastic. The hotel is lovely and the location is fab! So close to many of the must see sights of NYC. Our room was spacious and immaculately clean. We had a grand view king room and could see the bright lights of Times Square from our room but yet the room was nice and quiet. The staff were so helpful and friendly and always stopped to great us when we were leaving the hotel or returning. They delivered a lovely cake and card to our room congratulating us on our honeymoon which was a lovely touch. They also organised I our transfer to the airport when we were leaving which was great! All in all we had a fantastic stay and cannot wait to return..hopefully in the not too distant future!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah G

We are always thrilled to celebrate with our guests, and honeymooners are understandably extra special. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your very special memories and do come back soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Just arrived home after a 5 night stay at the Distrikt hotel with my family. What an amazing experience for our first visit to NYC. We were on the 30th floor which gave us a superb view of the city. The room was very quiet and so clean and comfortable. The staff were all so fabulous from providing cake for birthdays and making phone calls on our behalf for our airport transfers. Nothing was too much trouble and we were greeted with smiles from everyone. Hugo and Manny deserve a special mention!! The hotel is in a wonderful location, we walked everywhere apart from ground zero and the subway for this was just around the corner. We couldn't have asked for more and would definitely return to the Distrikt hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Debbie P

We not only thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, but also for the personal recognition of those team members who stood out in their service...they will be delighted!
We truly appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your return!