“Midtown Bargain”

Distrikt Hotel New York City
Ranked #67 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I travel to New York on business regularly and decided to gamble on an inexpensive hotel. I usually shy away from these type of hotels with the rampant bedbug problem plaguing this city. I have often stayed in the 5 star hotels and many mid priced places. I was skeptical and frankly a bit worried but all fears proved unfounded. The Distrikt Hotel is a clean, safe, well run establishment with a caring and professional staff. The room was spotless and the tiled bath was more than I expected . 9th Ave was just down the street where I found a wonderful small Italian restaurant. The hotel location is conveniently centrally located only blocks from Times Square and all subway connections. I will definitely be back to this hidden gem.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Buildr
Write a ReviewReviews (5,515)

Reviewed April 4, 2014

The hotel is great, bright and quirky although the rooms are small. They really need to do something about the hotel next door piling up all their garbage on the side walk head high!! Had a really good stay, comfortable rooms and great breakfast. The only down side? 40 mins wait for breakfast on both days, even though thee was a couple of other tables. This is a real shame because the quality of the breakfast is superb! Lots of people were visibly complaining about the wait, what made it worse was the breakfast turned up cold! They really do need to sort this out

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank NightBreed01
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I loved my stay in the Distrikt hotel! Everything is in walking distance, hotel and rooms are modern and comfortable. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Next time I visit NYC I will book in at the Distikt hotel

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tamlyn C
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed there October 2013. 9 days. Great location to everything, easy to get around. yellow cabs which are cheap. Staff were always welcoming, friendly & helpful & assisted where they could, breakfast was variety of great food. Room was excellent, spacious & clean, had a view thrue the window to the Hudson in the distant & hustle & bustle of NY on the other side.

Room Tip: Double room with 2 double beds very spacious, spacious bathroom , large shower area & very clean...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Maddisonlilly
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed here in December 2012, we were in NY for New Years. The hotel has a great location, the rooms are small but very comfortable, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

It definitely met our expectation and the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed here last May, the staff were wonderful. My daughter injured herself and we needed a rent a wheelchair for the remainder of our trip, the front desk staff phoned around for us to find the nearest rental place. The rooms were small, but its NYC things are gonna be small. But modern and very clean. The only thing I would say is. that we had gone for my cousins 40th bday and on her bday at 10 or 11pm at night there was a knock on the door...we were kinda spooked a little...only the hotel staff bringing a piece of cake. Lovely thought, but too late to be knocking on the door and too late to enjoy the cake.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I can't believe I failed to post a review of Distrikt when our experience was so wonderful! We stayed in August 2013 and booked Distrikt based on location, pricing and reviews. All met our expectations to the tee. We wanted to be near theatre district as we were in NYC to catch as many Broadway shows as possible and yet be accessible to good restaurants and the subways.
We were met by an extremely helpful and friendly reception staff, who tried to accommodate us as much as possible. The room was very comfortable with nice linen and cleanliness was apparent in
all appearances. I did have minor complaints: I had texted ahead to inform the hotel that we were celebrating my husband's birthday, but no acknowledgement of his birthday was made, except for after the fact when I made note of it to reception. There was also an issue of noisy air-conditioning that seemed to run all the time. We had difficulty controlling temperature. The hotel restaurant at the time of our visit was not set up for full service, so breakfast was fairly simple. Yet, in spite of what I may call a complaint, I find this hotel to be top notch and would gladly return on another visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple