Distrikt Hotel New York City
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$193
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$326
$271
$365
$322
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$244
$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
$167
$135
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
5,821 results
All reviewsport authorityparole officetimes squarenew yorkgreat hotelbus stationhell's kitchenhudson riverlittle touchesgood sizefree wifiour honeymooncoffee machineturn down servicecentral locationsmall hotelhigher floor
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

A wonderfully kept hotel, very clean, good amenities. Staff very helpful and friendly. Hotel is in a great location for seeing all the tourist spots. 5 min walk to Times Square. I had an amazing time and would thoroughly recommend the hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gravellator
gmdistrikt, General Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us, especially the location and service. We hope to welcome you back one day soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Spent 3 nights here on a recent (October) leisure trip to NYC. Chose the place based on tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. Here are the main points:

LOCATION - it is ok. Yes, the hotel is right next to PABT, the parole office and there are a few shady looking places on 40th street as you walk towards 8th Av. BUT - there are a couple more nice hotels right next door (eg. 4 points), the street is quiet, the parolees are only around during the day and you might pass them occasionally on your way, at the most. Trust me, they are not interested in you. The hotel is between 9th and 8th Av. 9th westward is Hell's Kitchen - a more 'colorful' area, not as pretty, clean and 'new' as 8th Av and the area around Bryant Park. The New York Times building is right around the corner on 8th. You are right next door to the hustle and bustle. Sure, it's not as fancy as some areas around Bryant, but it's ok. And it is safe. If you have any concerns about that, please don't. I walked back to the hotel every night with no issues. The city never sleeps, there are plenty of people around and I felt very safe.

AMENITIES - the hotel is small. If you are looking for a place that has a great lobby, several bars, restaurants, space to hang around, get pampered at the spa, etc., this is NOT the place for you. If, however, you are looking for a fresh, young, clean, simple (but good simple) place to stay and be your home base for exploring the city, this is IT. CLEAN, quiet, well-sized rooms (there were 3 of us), comfy beds, attentive and friendly staff, computer access in the lobby, free Wi-Fi, free snacks and drinks during happy hour, in-room tea and coffee replenished daily, free refreshments in the lobby (they have to-go cups). Did I mention it is super clean?

VALUE - great! I booked with a 20% discount. That put me at around $1300 for 3 nights. It might seem steep, but it's NYC! You are a 10 minute walk from Times Square and Broadway, right next to Bryant Park and Parson's New School of Design (Project Runway :-). Got the discount on this webpage.

ACCESS TO DINING - good. Several places to grab a bite - my favorite was the Paris bakery - right across from Parson's. Check it out - you won't regret it! If you need a late snack or water, etc., there is a Duane Reade pharmacy (walgreens) right around the corner on 8th ave. Pizza sold by the slice on the corner of 40th and 9th. Hotel has a small restaurant. Did not eat there, as I preferred to eat while out on the town, but heard it was good.

OVERALL - Awesome place to stay. Would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone! Thank you, Distrikt Hotel!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank torun06

It is we who thank you! What an amazing review...we love reading your perspective of our little slice of Manhattan. Thank you for the details you included for other travelers, (we LOVE Paris Baguette), and for your observations regarding our cleanliness, service and value. We are so proud to have earned your recommendation, and we do hope your travels will bring you back to us soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

OMG I have had the best time ever with you guy's I have never laughed so much!! If you fancy a laugh and the personal touch then this is the hotel for you small is good!! 4 rooms on each floor well smart cool and fab.
Really sweet turn down service at night and choc's on your pillow :-))!!! wicked!!! and a weather card for the next day.
The guy's on the check in desk we had such fun with and made our stay great and for that we thank you Nisha & Peter and Hugo and EVERYONE ELSE!!
And I will most deafo go back and have more COCKERMTAIL'S at the Distrikt!!!! 10/10

Room Tip: If you can cope with the height worth paying a few more dollars and upgrade your room which are on a higher floor I was on the 16th floor so I think next time I would pay a wee bit more and go higher
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank LondonChickpea
gmdistrikt, General Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

WOW! Thank YOU so much for laughing along with us and giving everyone the chance to get to know you. The team will be thrilled to read your accolades and I know Nisha, Peter and Hugo will have big smiles! Make sure you come back soon!!!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My Mom and I spent four great nights in NYC, I researched for two months before booking this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised with my choice. We were a 5 min walk to time square, the rooms are small but that's to be expected. The staff is very nice and arranged drivers to and from the airport. We always felt safe on our many walks in the area. I did pick this hotel based on trip advisor comments and I happy I did.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Nrntvn

We are so very glad you found us on TripAdvisor and that we earned your recommendation as well! The fact that we still managed to surprise you after all of the reviews is a wonderful thing to us, thank you so much!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just returned from 4 night stay in this lovely, friendly Hotel. 3 of us met up in NYC after many years (one of us living in Canada) so it was a special break, made even better by the lovely atmosphere at the Hotel. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Location great... only 5 mins easy walk to Times Square. Rooms very clean & well serviced daily. Shower spacious & very refreshing! Beds & pillows ULTRA comfy. Reception staff excellent & helped us with information re local dining, obtaining transport when needed, general tips for our stay, happily stored luggage after checkout until ready for airport etc. 3 of us shared a grand view double room. wardrobe a little small for 3 girls sharing, but extra hangers happily provided on request. Will definately use this again as my "go to" hotel when planning a return trip. EXCELLENT!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank MsPillingsGirls

We love when friends choose Distrikt for reunions, it is such a wonderful celebration! Thank you for giving us a chance to share in your fun and for rating us so highly. We are thrilled that you would return to us and hope it is soon!!!