“A Very Pleasant Surprise”

Distrikt Hotel New York City
Ranked #69 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight last Saturday 2/2/13 and were very pleasantly surprised at The Distrikt Hotel. The hotel is centrally located to everything that we wanted to do i.e. see a show, have dinner, and walk around the Midtown area. Parking is can't be anymore convenient (immediately next door). The staff was very gracious and friendly on both checking in and checking out. The room was extremely clean and a lot bigger than I thought we would get. Also as there is only five rooms to a floor, it is very quiet. I had asked for a room with a view and being on the 29th floor with the views of Midtown and the Hudson were great. Lastly, the little things were a nice touch i.e. the chocolates on the pillows, the hot apple cider in the lobby when we got back at midnight and free coffee in the morning. All in all a wonderful stay. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

We're very happy that you and your wife "were very pleasantly surprised" with your Distrikt experience! We're glad our location, staff, and little touches contributed to a wonderful stay. We hope to welcome you again for another weekend getaway! Take care until then!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

On a recent lasts minute trip, I stayed at the Distrikt. Based on the other review I was expecting good service, but what I received above excellent service. I arrived several hours before the regular check-in time expecting to having to wait for a room and having my luggage stored. However, this was not the case and was immediately provided with a room.

After heading out and returning later that afternoon, I found a welcoming brownie, yum. Furthermore, for the next two nights, I found chocolates as part of their turn down service.

Service at the bar was also excellent. I recommend the Tribeca cocktail.

The entire hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating cudos to all of them. Keep up the good work.

As for the neighborhood, there is nothing of
which to be afraid.

I definitely will spread the word to all of my friends reference the Distrikt Hotel and plan to repeat the stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Geslop
Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

It's great to hear that you expected "good" service, and in return received "excellent" service! We are grateful and happy to hear that now you will be spreading the word to your friends. Please stay in touch with us via Facebook/Twitter so we can offer you our best rates for your return! We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Excellent service, staff was amazing, extremely helpful and absolutely no nyc attitude whatsoever. I managed to find a great rate. Mind you it was dec30- feb6. The location is excellent. No more than 10-15 min walk to all my shows. Tonnes of restaurants on 9th Ave. The hotel itself cant be very old. The room was great! So quiet! I was on the 30th floor. 3005 to be exact. And a nice thing is only 5 suites per floor. Maid service was excellent as well. If i had to find a complaint (human nature) i would say the pillows and me didnt get along too well but pillows are an individual thing. And too bad there wasnt a small fridge :)

All in all a great stay.

Thanks to Hugo and all the front desk staff and very friendly porters? The young fellow was great help too ( i feel bad i forgot his name)

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're very happy that you had a very positive experience. The hotel was indeed built and opened in February of 2010 (we just celebrated our 3rd birthday). We'll be sure to pass on the kind words to our staff. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We booked into the Distrikt Hotel for a 4 night break and after reading the reviews, it had a lot to live up to! I have to say, we were not disappointed in any way. We were lucky enough to be on 25th floor and had clear views of the Empire State Building and the Hudson River (they were fabulous!)

We were warmly welcomed into the hotel and given maps and tips as to how to get to places we said we wanted to visit. It was my first time in the city and although I had done planning, the receptionist was so helpful, but not over the top and in my face!
We were offered a hot apple cider (yum!) and headed to our room which was very clean and had a fabulous king sized bed. A few people have commented on here that some of the rooms were a bit small. Our room was plenty big enough, and I don’t know anyone who has gone to New York to sit in a hotel bedroom…. Most of the time we spent in our room we were sleeping after a hard days exploring of the city! Although there was no bath, the shower had good power so it was not needed.

The location of the hotel is also really good. We were five minutes walk (if that) from Time Square and the Subway is literally across the road. A few people have commented that the location (being so close to the Port Authority) is not the greatest, but I have to say I felt safe walking all around the hotel. As with any new city, you should always be mindful, but I didn’t feel any less safe near the hotel than anywhere else in New York.

I was my boyfriend’s birthday whilst we were staying at the hotel and he received a piece of cheesecake and a card- A really nice touch.

I have to say that the staff, the modern fresh interior and the cleanliness of The Distrikt Hotel mean that if I am ever lucky enough to go back to New York, I would definitely stay there again and would 100% recommend this hotel.

THANK YOU DISTRIKT HOTEL!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor... fab views
1  Thank Lindsay206

Thank you for choosing us for your boyfriend's birthday trip! We're very happy to hear we were able to provide an "amazing time" during your stay. We're also very happy to know that we will be your first choice for your next New York City experience! Please stay in touch with us via Facebook/Twitter so we can offer you our best rates for your return. Take care until then!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Have just returned from a 4 day trip to New York, we stayed at the lovely Distrikt hotel.
It was exactly as described, and more contempory, exceptionally clean with really lovely staff, everyone of them was so friendly and always greeted you with a smile and chat.

We had a good size room with two very comfortable double beds, with great views, just a stones throw from Times Square, but so quiet.
If I had to find fault it would only be that they do not serve anything to eat or drink including room service in the afternoons (2 - 5), but they do provide a coffee/tea maker in the room, so it's only because we came back from shopping on the first day and wanted hot chocolate, that I mention it, there is a star bucks 2 minutes up the road, so really nothing to complain about.
I will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Lui2004

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're very glad to hear you had a great stay, and that every one of the staff was "friendly and always greeted you with a smile and chat." We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have stayed in NYC for many times for business and holidays. This was the first time at the Distrikt Hotel. I think this hotel is better than Milford Plaza and The Cosmopolitan, but absolutely not better than The Roosevelt and Radisson Martinique. So I am a bit surprised that this hotel is at number 6 of all reviewed hotels on Tripadvisor.
We got a very good rate for 3 nights at this hotel. So I was not surprised that our room was at the 2nd floor, next to the elevator. There are only 6 rooms each floor, so the location right next to the elevator wasn't so bad. The rooms are not soundproof, but we were lucky that the side of the Port Authority is a quite street at night, something you would not expect being so close to Times Square. The rooms were clean but not very cosy, I liked the bathroom. There was no suitcase standard, so we had to put our suitcase on the floor. The beds were not comfortable and the bed linen was worn out and had holes in it. We did not use the heater because it made too much noise. Nice touch was the Keurig coffee machine, which made good coffee. And the hotel staff did their best greeting you whenever you went in or out of the hotel. If you would like to stay in Midtown this a good option for a reasonable price, but do not expect something spectacular, after reading some of the reviews on Tripadvisor.

1  Thank Marjon02

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're very glad to hear that you found certain aspects of Distrikt to your liking, such as the quiet room, in-room coffee machine, and the staff, and that you felt it is a reasonable option and value. We value your feedback greatly as it will serve us in improving for the future! Please contact us directly next time should you decide to stay in the Midtown area again so we can provide you with our best rates. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We booked for an anniversary weekend on strength of reviews on this site and on the whole were not disappointed. Service was top draw, particulary reception who could not have been more friendly and helpful. We had a top floor room with great views and had no problems with noise

Location is fine. The immediate vicinity opposite the Port Authority may look a little grungy but we felt perfectly safe, even late at night.

Room are clean and comfortable. A little small and nothing special, but certainly a cut above your typical US chain.

All in all a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Go for a higher flooor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

We're very happy to hear that you chose us based on "strength of reviews" and your anniversary was a great one. It's wonderful to hear that the front desk staff "could not have been more friendly or helpful." We'll be sure to pass on the kind words to our staff. Thank you again and we very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!