Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$128
$104
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$166
$127
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

$108
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$105
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$293
$169
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$98
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$217
$143
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$98
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$135
$130
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 52% below average rates

The price you found is 52% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

2,624 results
All reviewstimes squarenew yorkfree breakfastport authoritythe breakfast areahot breakfastjavits centerrooms are smallyogurtpenn stationbreakfast staffbusiness centerfront desk staffconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againclean hotelfew blocks
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Came by for a 3 night stay and the experience was mediocre at best.

My Yelp check-in was supposed to get me an upgrade...but the front desk agent said that they were sold out that night...

Arrived into my room at 72F...set it to 70F and went to dinner. Came back to a 72F room. 4 separate visits by maintenance came in from 11 pm - 2 am to finally resolve the issue by replacing the thermostat...

Con:
- There are only 2 elevators at this property and the elevator jams up at peak hours...stopping at every other floor.
- "Warm" water take a good 5 minutes from the really small shower...
- Face towels were missing on the first night
- Part of the housekeeper rubber glove was found on top of my bath towel...
- Elevator sounds woke me up in the morning...
- The mattress is very basic (bonnell springs) which means that the mattress is only good for 1 person (no motion separation)
- ...the mattress was pretty stained and there was no mattress topper...

Complimentary breakfast was helpful and the items changed daily. They also had a station with FREE hot beverages throughout the day.

Wifi was complimentary but slow...tough to upload pics on Yelp!

Room Tip: Request a room on the higher level to minimize street noice
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank sofaonasock1
GeneralManagerTS, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time out to review your stay with us. We apologize for not fulfilling your upgrade request and for the mishaps during your stay. We appreciate the honest rating as it helps us pin point specific areas that need to be fixed immediately. We have addressed the concerns you touched on with the appropriate departments. Please be assured that these areas of improvement will be remedied. Thanks again for giving us a shot!

Thanks!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The hotel is quite nice - rooms are nice, good location. Actually seems better at night - it is well lit and there are lots of people about. Internet service is good as are morning breakfasts. Only two small elevators which present a problem at peak traffic times. great location.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi there!! Thank you so much for staying with us, we loved having you here! Glad to see you enjoyed the perks!! Hurry back!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My stay at the Hampton Inn was sensational! The staff was amazing. I wish I could have brought Sue-Ellen and Christopher back to Canada with me! When I arrived there was a group of students checking-out and my room wasn't ready. I had driven in from Montreal, Canada. I asked if my luggage could be stored until it was ready. Christopher took care of this while I used the gym facilities to freshen up a bit. By the time I arrived back at the lobby my room was ready. This was amazing!!

The staff new me by name by the end of the first night. It's a smaller hotel. 6 rooms per floor which makes it unique. It's a tall building though. I The only downsides of this stay was the lack of mini-fridge in the room. I would have liked to be able to store food. I however bought a small cooler and used ice to keep things cool. Perhaps it's not standard for Hampton Inn to furnish a fridge. also, the housekeeper slammed the doors all day. If you decide to stay out all night and sleep all day, not the best choice.

Overall, my experience was amazing. I usually stay at a Hilton but the fact that breakfast is included makes this hotel a definite steal in Time Square! The parking across the street is $45 per night. It's open 24hrs. I believe Groupon has a special out right now for $25/night with ICON. Worth a shot if you can nab that deal.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the ice machine. Since there are only six rooms per floor, a few of the floors have an ice machine in the middle of the rooms. (Imagine walking out of the elevator and having a hallway with 3 rooms on each side)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Avalonia1991
GeneralManagerTS, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

We are absolutely delighted to hear that we made such a lasting impression!!! Thank you so much for your kind words and praises!! Sue Ellen, Chris, and the entire team send their best!!! We love it when guests give us great feedback!!! Thank you !! Please hurry back, NYC misses you already!!!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We have just returned from a 4 night break here and I cannot fault this hotel. Very central, clean and the complimentary breakfast set us up well for the day. Staff were very helpful and courteous and nothing was to much to ask. Rooms were serviced daily with new bedding and towels. I must mention that we asked for a car to take us back to the airport and were told this would be no problem and indeed it wasn't.......needless to say the white stretch limo was not what we were expecting!! Thank you Alex...you made one ten year old girl very happy!!
We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTS, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

It's only right that you left NYC in style!!! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!! Alex was very appreciative of your kind words. We loved having you here and can't wait for your next visit!

CHEERS!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We moved to this hotel after a bad experience with one of those "hip" hotels in another part of town. So relieved to find a normal sized room, king sized bed, in room coffee/tea service, and free breakfast for $169/nt. This hotel was very clean. Front desk staff and concierge were very friendly, responsive and helpful.

This hotel is within walking distance to Times Square and the Empire State Building.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello there,

Sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience at your first hotel...but, it brought you to us, not sorry!! :) We thank you so much for taking the time out to review your time with us. It was an absolute pleasure having you here! Please come back and see us soon! NYC is awesome in the Summer! Hurry back!