“Manhattan value AND location!”

Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South
Ranked #244 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Manhattan value AND location!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I chose this place mostly for value since Manhattan can be super expensive. I believe my total bill was around $150 for a weekend night. But if you like Midtown, the location couldn't be better! It felt safe and yet we were only a block from the middle of Times Square.

Parking a car in Manhattan is usually a major headache and major expense. In this case was neither. For my entire stay I was able to find street parking directly across from the hotel front door, and could see my car from the hotel window. It's not a super busy street, and the hotel has a small valet area where I was able to pull up and float the car just during check-in.
Also the front desk people were very nice, helpful and cordial. The rooms were nothing super fancy, but they were clean and very nice.

• Stayed March 2013
Elizabeth L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Hi there! Thank you so much for staying with us!! It's so good to hear that you had a nice time in the city...AND convenient! Parking across the street...you hit the jackpot! :) It was a pleasure having you here, hurry back!

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Albany, New York
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I'm rating the stay average because the good and bad seemed to balance each other out.

I arrived at the hotel and was immediately greeted by a staff person who, all though very polite and attentive, was sick and proceeded to cough all over the envelope containing my room key while she gave me a drawn out description of the hotel's amenities which frankly, I could've done without. That said, I recognize that this is actually something more hotels should do -- explain the available amenities -- because I've often left hotels not realizing that I had never made use of amenities because I was unaware of them. that said, I'm a frequent business traveler and Hampton is my 1st choice (because of changing duvet covers) and it was late and I just wanted to eat and go to bed. Plus, obviously, the sick part was offputing because I cannot afford to get sick and shouldn't be getting sick from the front desk staff! But as for the explanation of amenities, I would have preferred to have been asked if I wanted to hear about it...no biggie though.

The hotel seems well cared for, albeit poorly designed. The hotel is tall (32 floors I believe) but narrow (only 6 rooms/floor) and it only has 2 elevators...well 1 died during my stay. So it was slow getting down to the lobby and up to the room. These things happen and I don't fault the hotel for this except that they have 32 floors and only 2 elevators. To that end, the elevators have a slick tile on the floor and I almost fell getting into it because there was water from snow and whatnot on the floor of the elevator. I DO fault the hotel for that. I was pleased with the room and found it to be very comfortable except that the shower (not a tub) is so narrow and with the handicap bar, it's almost impossible to stand comfortably. I am a woman of average size but I can imagine this would be very difficult for a man or larger person. The biggest issue I had - and this is a BIG one to me and will result in me NEVER STAYING HERE AGAIN - is that the water pressure in the bathroom is TOTALLY INADEQUETE. There's really nothing more to say about that but that's a deal killer for me.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your honesty and feedback as this helps us pin point and improve any challenges in the hotel. Thanks for giving us a try.

All the best,

Hampton Team!
Coudersport, PA
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Hotel was clean, the staff was courteous. Made wonderful recommendations for dinners. This hotel was conveniently located to Time Square without the Time Square price. Rooms were what I would expect as far as size in NYC. They were clean, comfortable and bathroom was as well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Elizabeth L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to see you back soon!! Have a wonderful day!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Front desk girls were awesome, so was the manager! Great location and fairly nice accommodations, a lot better than the five star hotel we had previously stayed in that week. Let's not forget the free breakfast and unlimited coffee, hot chocolate and fruit at the lobby at all times. We will come back again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
It was an absolute pleasure having you here! Please come back and see us soon!! Stay warm!!
new york, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was very happy with the staff they were sooooo helpful and friendly I really appreciated it! Although my heating and cooling system was not working properly they did their best to fix the issue. Breakfast was pretty good as well. It would have been better if they stayed open later. The staff cleared the areas very fast.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi there! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was an absolute pleasure having you here! Hurry back!!!

Thanks again!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed with a colleague here on a recent business trip to NYC. We picked the hotel due to the location since it was 2 blocks from our meeting. Free wifi and free breakfast were extra bonuses! We also appreciated the helpful dinner suggestion from concierge (Jacob?) for the little Italian place on 38th! Rooms are small and there was some noise from the street even up on the 27th floor but you can't beat the location!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Elizabeth L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hi!! Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us!! We hope you had a great time in the city adn kept warm!! Please come back and see us! We loved having you here!
California
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Hotel is convenient to Time Square & Hells Kitchen for restaurants. Went for a trade show and it was close to the convention center. Rooms are small but that is typical of NYC. The shower was very small, only 2 x 3 Ft. Hard to wash and not keep knocking the shower door which was very annoying. The spray was adjustable but not to any setting I would have liked.

The breakfast was ok. It was nice to be able to go down and have breakfast ready and saved $$ that way. They served different dishes everyday so not boring.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hi there! Thank you for your review. We hope you had a great time with us while visiting the city!!! Hope to see you back soon!!!

Thanks again!