Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$184
$161
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$331
$297
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$326
$271
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$202
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$239
Westin.com
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
2,601 results
All reviewstimes squarenew yorkfree breakfastport authoritythe breakfast areahot breakfastjavits centerrooms are smallyogurtbreakfast staffpenn stationfront desk staffbusiness centerconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againclean hotelfew blocks
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed at this location before since my east coast office is a few blocks away. The first time I stayed here I was surprised how small the shower was, I could not stand properly. Not that this solely their fault as I am 6'-5" and 270 lbs but really, another foot would afford me enough room while not impeding into the bathroom. I arrived for my second stay (was there a few weeks prior) on 10/29/13. I was given a room on the 12th floor. This hotel offers free breakfast but due to just two elevators, you have to wait in the mornings going up and down since there is approx. 25 floors. On 10/31/2013, I pressed the button to go down to go to my office. I waited a few minutes and noticed the down light went off. I pressed the button again and it would not come on. Another couple came out of their room with their bags and they said they had a problem earlier when they went down for breakfast. I continued to press the down button but it would not come on. I went back to my room and called the front desk. They said they were having a problem with the elevators and would send the elevator up to us. I left for the day and figured they would have it resolved by the time I returned from work. That night, I saw a "bear with us" sign on elevator that did not work earlier in the day. I went up to my room. I decided to go out to dinner and had the same problem as I did in the morning, button light went off and I had to call for service. The next day, 11/1/2013, I had to wait for the elevator and once again I called downstairs. The only elevator worked opened twice, both were full. I had to get to work so I walked down the 12 flights of stairs so I would not be late for an appointment. This time I went to speak with the manager and she said they were hoping to have it fixed nlt 11/2/2013. If you were in the lobby, the wait could be very long due to the amount of people waiting to go up. This was told to me and other guests daily. I would have gone to another hotel but believed the manager's word. What I don't understand is that the staff became more irritated every day I had to call down. I was never given any call or note in my room apologizing about the problem nor told of the timeline to resolve the problem. But they were able to put a letter (11/2/2013) on my bed telling me about the time change and a little poem.....really? I have stayed at Hilton properties over the past 7-8 years for business and personal travel and have never experienced this poor of a performance. In this day and age, especially in NYC I cant believe that you cannot fix an elevator in a day or two.....but 7? (it was still down when I checked out 11/5)I have spent almost $2000 to stay in this sub par facility and I wanted satisfaction. The employee running the elevator on the last day responded to another guest who said he was going to call his credit card company and charge back his stay. He suggested we look up their "Guarantee". I read through and contacted Hilton customer service and asked for my money back or a voucher for future stay. I received no confirmation nor did any one contact me after I submitted my request. Two days ago I received an envelope from Hilton that had a voucher for ONE stay....nothing else, no letter, no communication at all.
Their Guarantee:

100% Hampton Guarantee®

Friendly Service, clean rooms, comfortable surroundings, every time. If you’re not satisfied, we don’t expect you to pay. That’s our commitment & your guarantee. That’s 100% Hampton.

Our 100% Hampton Guarantee® is boldly etched on our front desk so that it is constantly visible to our employees and our guests. Our guarantee epitomizes the pride we take in our brand, our hotels, and our service to you, our guest. We'll do whatever it takes to make our guests feel welcome, relaxed, and completely comfortable.

I was not satisfied but still had to pay! Their Guarantee is bogus and almost fraudulent!

Room Tip: If you have to stay, ask for room at rear of building, noisy on street. stay on second floor just incase their elevators break again
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Elizabeth L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

We sincerely apologize for the challenges faced during your stay. Thank you for your honest feedback and for giving us a chance.

All the best,

Team Hampton!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel is suitable for business and specifically a close walk to the Javits convention center. The biggest problem is the extended wait time just to get to your room. I've stayed here on 5 occasions and I always request a low floor but a few times I was stuck with a high floor and this hotel is notorious for long elevator waits. I typically wait an additional 10 minutes just for the elevator to arrive so if you are pressed for time you need to factor in the elevator wait time every morning and evenings as well. The main room is small but the guest bathrooms and specifically the shower are extremely small. If you are over 6'2'' and/or weigh more than 230lbs you probably will not fit in their shower stall. The staff is very pleasant and take pride in their quaint hotel

Hello,

Thank you for your reviewing your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your honest feedback! I am happy to hear that our location was helpful and convenient. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here twice and find it to be clean with a hard working staff. Great option if you're on a budget. The location is great and the breakfast buffet is better than most Hamptons. On my first stay, I had a minor issue and they invoked the 100% satisfaction guarantee and it was free. I only wish it had been for pleasure and not business...

Hey there!

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure having you here! We hope to see you back sooner than later!! Happy holidays!!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

room with 2 bed was incredibly/ uncomfortably tight. could not walk on onside of bed. assuming king room is same size, that should be ok. bizarre front desk did not have change for a $10 bill (!) and took 30 minutes for them to reach the valet service by phone to ask for my car to be brought around.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
vangie427, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. We appreciate your honesty, and hope we can change your mind about our hotel being "bizarre." Come see us again, and we assure you that your stay will be much better the next time around! Safe travels!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The lobby of this hotel is about as wide as my suburban home and there are over 30 floors. It was very unfortunate that one of the two elevators was broken during my one night stay. Elevator waits were close to 20 minutes. The staff was nice and the room and common areas were very clean. The breakfast was free and just enough to get you started for the day. Coffee and tea were served all day and warm cookies were offered in the early evening. The room was clean and extremely tiny which was fine since I spent most of my time out and about in the city. The hotel is only about a 20 minute walk from Penn Station. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a lower floor in case the elevator is broken.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

We really appreciate your kind words and compliments. Thank you for your patience during our elevator challenges, we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused. Please come back and see us soon!