“Horrendous stay away disgusting bathroom”

Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South
Ranked #246 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I just left this hotel and it is not only in a dark street with almost no lighting, the staff is not that friendly. Rooms don't get clean at all. Bath shower was disgusting with mold, hairs, and, other dirt that you don't even want to know where it came from. One of the days I left the AC off and when I got back, the room smelled really bad. It is almost in the corner of the 9th Ave and the rooms are extremely noisy. Staff even denied a bottle of water because it was only for HH members, but they give them away with breakfast! If you really need to stay at a Hampton Inn go to the one that is at 35th street.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jennifer0134
Elizabeth L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Hello,

I am saddened to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. I do apologize that the room conditions were not up to our normal standards. I will definitely address these concerns with the appropriate departments. Thank you for your feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,547)

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I like staying at Hampton Inn's. this one at Time Square south provided a wonderful experience. The entire staff is helpful and friendly. The front desk supervisor "Chris" really went over the top to take care of our needs. I highly recommend this property and will stay here again when I find myself in New York.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Scott6942
Hatanachi L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank so much for the great review, I will most definitely inform Chris and the staff of the great service they provide to you during your stay with us. We love having you here and we truly value you as a guest! We hope to see you soon on your next NYC Trip! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon !

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have always stayed at the Hampton Inn Times Square North when I come to NYC for my trade convention and LOVED the hotel, the staff, and the neighborhood as I have in all the Hilton system properties. This hotel is an exception. I know that they were fixing, but the entrance/lobby leave a lot to be desired, but MOST IMPORTANT is that I did not feel safr in the neighborhood and as a single woman, someone should have told me. There were many other properties, I've stayed at the Hampton near Penn Center, which has a store frint, but I felt comfortable and safe.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ellensbooks
Hatanachi L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, Were sorry the neighborhood did not meet your expectations, I wouldn’t want any of our guest to feel unsafe when they are walking in our neighborhood, I can reassure you that due to the large volume of people walking around our neighborhood it safe to walk, Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at the hotel to further speak about your recent experience with us. Thanks again and I hope to speak to you soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The customer-focused staff made our stay special. From Brittany who upgraded our room when she learned this was a birthday surprise trip to Jennifer and the other desk clerk on staff on 6/1 who assisted us with printing out tickets, all our needs were met graciously. At breakfast, the staff handed out water bottles, fruit, and mints to take with while touring the sights. Our room on the 24th floor was quiet and had a view of the river. No problem with the air conditioner even though there was a heat wave outside. We never had a long wait at the elevator like in other hotels. The shared concierge staff at the Holiday Inn Express were extremely helpful. The rooms are small, but clean. Restaurant Row, Times Square, theater district, Hell's Kitchen are close by as is Port Authority (with all the freaks) and the subway.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room high up with a view of the river. You won't see Central Park or luxury hote...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review and the great scores, I will most definitely informed Brittany and Jennifer of how great and special your stay was with us because of them, They are absolutely amazing, Thanks again for acknowledging our staff its greatly appreciated, We hope our “Hamptonality will keep you from coming back to our facilities! Thank you again and we hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We love Hampton Inn Hotels, and this by far exceeds many that we have stayed in with the fantastic staff you have. Jennifer, Chris, and Brittany at the front desk were amazing! Not only friendly, but they were so helpful with one of our guests who had a motorized scooter. They went out of their way to help accommodate our group and I can say that they definitely helped make our trip to NYC the amazing trip it was! Thank you so much and best of luck to you Jennifer when your baby gets here! What a lucky baby!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Elizabeth L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Well, hello there! I wanted to thank you for your great review regarding your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you as our guests and we hope to see you back very soon. Chris, Jennifer and Brittany are so appreciative of the name mention and send their best. Wishing you a fantastic summer!! Don't wait too long to come back!!!!! NYC misses you already!!!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

All the staff gave us excellent service. Rooms and bathrooms were clean. Great breakfast variety every morning. Helpful staff. Great location. Walking distance to the middle of Timesquare, 34th street shopping meca and subway stations. Love it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

You are the reason why we love our job!!! Thank you so much for your kind words! We really appreciate it. Now you know where to stay when you come back to NYC!!! Have a great summer!!!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

What we loved most about this hotel was the location, quiet but within walking distance of Times Square and the subway. The rooms with kingbed are clean and well decorated but small. The complimentary breakfast is good, with eggs and waffles.

During our stay there was also al large group of teenagers, which was very disturbing because the noice they made kept us awake. The hotel only has 2 small elevators that were always occupied when the group was around. They shouldn't mix those large groups with families staying.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Hatanachi L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, we are so glad to read how great and convenient your stay was with us. I will definitely have to agree also, the waffles are absolutely amazing. I will like to apologize for the Inconvenience you encounter with the small group we had during you stay, We did however have our staff member go up to the rooms and we informed the group chaperone of the disturbing noise the teenage group were causing our guest, I’m sorry if they were still making noise. Hopefully these won’t interfere you from coming back to our hotel, we truly value you as a guest and we thank you so much for your business. Please feel free to contact me directly at your earliest convenience. Thanks again and I hope to speak to you soon!