East Village Apartments
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$132
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$126
$116
  • Room Service
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
$104
$98
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$150
$135
GardenInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$320
$161
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$137
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$125
$120
Park Central
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
$192
$144
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe penthouseapartment solterrace apartmentgreat apartmentthese apartmentswhole foodsequipped apartmentwashing machine and dryernew yorkwell equipped kitchenhome from homeliving spacecable tvfull kitchenthoroughly enjoyed our staybars and restaurantslower east side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Firstly, I would like to thank Sudah for allowing us to stay in her beautiful apartments. We stayed for six nights in the Terrace apartment which comfortably slept four including our two boys aged 8 and 10. All the furnishings and fittings were of high quality and the apartment had a wonderful "New York" feeling to it. We have stayed in hotels in New York prior to this trip and realise the value in these apartments especially having the services of washing machine/dryer/ kitchen even a computer for guests to use. Although compact, the bathroom was more than sufficient for our needs.
The other family we travelled with stayed in the Sol Apartment which was just as tastefully decorated. When entering this apartment, the feeling of light and modern comes to mind. This family consisted of five which included three adult children. They accommodated easily as the fold out sofa in this apartment was a king size. I would also like to say that at no time did we feel frightened by the inhabitants of the soup kitchen, which is several houses down the street. In fact, we found them very friendly and helpful with directions. Overall, I would not hesitate to stay at these apartments again as we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and hopefully we will again soon.
Lastly, a big thank you to Laura (manager) who was so friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Don L
Reviewed July 14, 2013

A tastefully furnished apartment in an amazing location. Where else in Manhattan can you sit outside, not facing the street, and actually look onto trees in a garden? (We stayed in the Terrace apartment, not sure if the others have this too). The management is very professional and extremely helpful - the owner was able to provide us her own long-serving trusted nanny to babysit for us. The conditions might appear a bit restrictive at first, especially if one has stayed in similiar accomodations across the world, particularly in Asia, but then one must realize that the market for this type of accomodation is still evolving in the US - and besides there is really nothing in the conditions that is unreasonable.
We were not bothered at all by the rehab center next door - in fact if not for having read other reviews we would not even have noticed it! There was no street noise whatsoever once inside the apartment - you can hear people moving up upstairs but it is quit muffled.
We look forward to another stay very soon!

Room Tip: The Terrace apartment is beautiful and ideal for a couple or a couple with upto 2 older kids. Note that the bed is rather small - cozy for 2 but impossible for 2 plus a kid. There is enough space in the living area to pull out the sofa bed or additional bedrolls.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have just returned from staying in the Penthouse for 8 nights (June 2013).

The apartment itself was great, and had everything we needed. It was a very comfortable size for our group of 6. The outdoor terrace was lovely. My husband and I had bedroom on street side and being a very light sleeper I was worried about noise. Wearing earplugs (which I often do anyway) I had no problem sleeping. My husband was fine with ear plugs in - but did notice sirens etc. without. Being so exhausted from sightseeing & shopping we generally slept very well. We were on the top floor - but did not notice any noise between the apartments.

Our friends stayed in the Terrace Apartment and it looked great too. If I was travelling as a couple, or a small family I would stay here. If you want to avoid stairs - this is probably the best apartment also.

The apartment location is excellent. Just a short walk to plenty of great restaurants and bars, the metro and Whole Foods for groceries. Soho is walking distance.

I think WorldTraveller's review is slightly misleading. East Village Apartments are in East Village (not Greenwich Village). The Men's Shelter is not immediately next door to the apartment - there is one building in between - but I agree it is close and not as depicted in the artist impression. There were a lot of men in the street but at no time, day or night did any of our group get harassed or even looked at sideways. We walked past them alone, a group of girls and with husbands and they were always very respectful. We would have attracted more attention from a group of men in the average suburban street at home. And toilet paper was in plentiful supply during our stay - it was restocked during the midweek clean.

All the staff we dealt with were professional and pleasant to deal with.

I have stayed in a very small NYC hotel room which cost much the same price as sharing this apartment. These apartments much better value. If visiting New York again, I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Room with Twin beds has private ensuite & walk in robe. May be slightly noisier than other two rooms, but fine with ear plugs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leeos73
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights very comfortable place and great location. Sudah was so nice and helpful. I would highly recommend the Sol for 4-5 people. Has a washer/dryer which was a nice option to have while traveling.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jackee L
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My friends and I (a group of 5) stayed for 2 weeks in the Penthouse Apartment and had a fabulous time. The apartment was clean and comfortable. Felt just like home. The location was perfect for us and close to the Metro and some amazing restaurants within a 5 minute walk. Wholefoods supermarket was also 5 minutes away which was very handy. The whole experience of the neighbourhood and the apartment meant we felt like locals. An added bonus for an unbelievable time in the Big Apple.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends