“Lovely stay”

Leo House
Mexico City, Mexico
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I really enjoy my time in Leo House! But the location was the most important thing for me, because I was really near of all the places that I wanted to visit or go... so, yes! I recommend a lot this beautiful and classic hotel in the heart of Manhattan.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Omar5555
LeoHouse2014, General Manager at Leo House, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Good Day from The Leo House!

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad you had a wonderful experience at The Leo House and I am even happier that you are sharing it with the WORLD! Here at The Leo House we strive to exceed our guest expectations and when we here such a positive review we are delighted that we delivered the service.

We are definitely updating our guest rooms and all public areas of the Guest House. We eagerly await your next arrival so you can see the progress we have made.

Again many THANKS for the comment on our service we truly appreciate your business.

Hope you have a splendid day!

Larry
Assistant General Manager | The Leo House

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Leo House is in a great location and the linens in rooms are spotless. However reservations staff lack courtesy and efficiency. Due to their mistake they hit my credit card three times for one night's stay and would not respond to email requests for a full refund. My only recourse is to open a dispute with NYC Consumer Complaints. Their poor customer relations have left a very bad impression of a place which had positive impacts in other areas.

• Stayed February 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have stayed here several times and always look forward to my next visit. Brings back memories of wonderful summer visits 50+ years ago at my grandmother's house in Brooklyn. It is a safe, clean, friendly, home away from home. Returning guests are recognized and greeted by a gracious staff. Rooms and plumbing are "vintage" but extremely well cared for, comfortable, quiet and inviting with ongoing maintenance and upgrades - most recently a new laundry and computers for guests. Plan to eat at their reasonably priced marvelous breakfast buffet in a bright and airy dining room overlooking the garden. Many interesting attractions within walking distance (High Line, the Chelsea Piers and galleries) and everything within easy reach via subway or bus.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Wendell G
Good Day from The Leo House!

Hope you have a splendid day!

Larry
Assistant General Manager | The Leo House
Provincetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have always wanted to stay there. Was very comfortable. We came in a day early. Great last min price. Wanted us to move rooms when we were staying in same type of room. Wanted to save them some time and linens They finally made it happen Great location friendly and best value in NYC

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Dale S
Bainbridge Island, Washington
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The longer I stayed, the better Leo House felt to come back to after a day of meetings. We found hospitality at its calmest and gentlest. Greetings for the day at breakfast resulted in charming conversation and a great start of the day. After an absence from NYC of 30plus years, Leo House provided the lath and plaster walls, radiators and immaculate linens that I recall in my youth. Our small group was well cared for and I will return if I can nail a reservation.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking 23St are filled with city sounds, including snow plows, traffic, and the NYPD and...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Lucia R
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed February 18, 2014

As always, the staff helping with our stay were very gracious and kind. The rooms reflect a stay similar to a retreat center and very conducive to rest, relaxation and contemplation even in the heart of New York City. Quite amazing.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Patmos10
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Friendly staff, clean rooms, great views, and hearty buffet. The Leo House has a friendly staff, the Inn offers warm, clean rooms with nice views of the city, and there is a restaurant/buffet offer with good food as well.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher leveled floors have especially nice views of the city.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo